Replies

• SB 3.25.20Every learned man knows very well that attachment for the material is the greatest entanglement of the spirit soul. But that same attachment, when applied to the self-realized devotees, opens the door of liberation.
    SB 3.25.21The symptoms of a sādhu are that he is tolerant, merciful and friendly to all living entities. He has no enemies, he is peaceful, he abides by the scriptures, and all his characteristics are sublime.
    SB 3.25.22Such a sādhu engages in staunch devotional service to the Lord without deviation. For the sake of the Lord he renounces all other connections, such as family relationships and friendly acquaintances within the world.
    SB 3.25.23Engaged constantly in chanting and hearing about Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the sādhus do not suffer from material miseries because they are always filled with thoughts of My pastimes and activities.
    ( thats why real devotees dont suffers from desease ,hunger,thurst and all others material meseries like others)
    SB 3.25.24O My mother, O virtuous lady, these are the qualities of great devotees who are free from all attachment. You must seek attachment to such holy men, for this counteracts the pernicious effects of material attachment.
    SB 3.25.25In the association of pure devotees, discussion of the pastimes and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is very pleasing and satisfying to the ear and the heart. By cultivating such knowledge one gradually becomes advanced on the path of liberation, and thereafter he is freed, and his attraction becomes fixed. Then real devotion and devotional service begin.
    SB 3.25.26Thus consciously engaged in devotional service in the association of devotees, a person gains distaste for sense gratification, both in this world and in the next, by constantly thinking about the activities of the Lord. This process of Kṛṣṇa consciousness is the easiest process of mystic power; when one is actually situated on that path of devotional service, he is able to control the mind.
    SB 3.25.27Thus by not engaging in the service of the modes of material nature but by developing Kṛṣṇa consciousness, knowledge in renunciation, and by practicing yoga, in which the mind is always fixed in devotional service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one achieves My association in this very life, for I am the Supreme Personality, the Absolute Truth.
  • SB 2.2.3For this reason the enlightened person should endeavor only for the minimum necessities of life while in the world of names. He should be intelligently fixed and never endeavor for unwanted things, being competent to perceive practically that all such endeavors are merely hard labor for nothing.
    SB 2.2.4When there are ample earthly flats to lie on, what is the necessity of cots and beds? When one can use his own arms, what is the necessity of a pillow? When one can use the palms of his hands, what is the necessity of varieties of utensils? When there is ample covering, or the skins of trees, what is the necessity of clothing?
    SB 2.2.5Are there no torn clothes lying on the common road? Do the trees, which exist for maintaining others, no longer give alms in charity? Do the rivers, being dried up, no longer supply water to the thirsty? Are the caves of the mountains now closed? Or above all, does the Almighty Lord not protect the fully surrendered souls? Why then do the learned sages go to flatter those who are intoxicated by hard-earned wealth?
    SB 2.2.6Thus being fixed, one must render service unto the Supersoul situated in one’s own heart by His omnipotency. Because He is the Almighty Personality of Godhead, eternal and unlimited, He is the ultimate goal of life, and by worshiping Him one can end the cause of the conditioned state of existence.
    SB 2.2.7Who else but the gross materialists will neglect such transcendental thought and take to the nonpermanent names only, seeing the mass of people fallen in the river of suffering as the consequence of accruing the result of their own work?

•  yes krishna give feed.....he  give air for breath and he dont take income tax for us for air....he feeds ur respiratory track by oxygen is which is first basic need then think about feed by mouth

• god takes care of his devotee, thats fact.

human beings  want to be indenpendent from god and this is a start of their suffering in illusion.

independence from god is spiritual death.

celestials dont need to earn money for living because of their spiritual powers,

simmilar to them, the same is with gods devotees .

anything spiritual or material , person can easy achieve by bhakty yoga, what is the need of earning money.

quantity of surrendering  is equal to quantity of gods mercy and reward.

actually , even little faithfull surrendering for getting drop of gods mercy its look like pot of immortality nectar, wanted for every celestials, what to talk about humans.

• Respectfully Prabhuji-- I think the advice you're giving is mildly irresponsible. Young devotees fall into trouble from this sort of approach. One needs to attend to one's life affairs with the spirit of Seva (service). Your quotes from Canto 2 apply to highly elevated devotees that are most likely already inundated into the renounced order of life (ie. They're living in a temple or community or the like). Trying to live like a Sannyasi without, you know, being a Sannyasi is actually forbidden in Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 5.7.5 purport:

aśvamedhaṁ gavālambhaṁ
      sannyāsaṁ pala-paitṛkam
      devareṇa sutotpattiṁ
      kalau pañca vivarjayet

https://vanisource.org/wiki/SB_5.7.5?t=hl#terms=In%20this%20age%20o...
      SB 5.7.5 - Vanisource
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

You have raised a very valid point - like they say in HIndi - bhuke pet bhajan na hove.

The basic needs have to be met so taht a person can chant in peace. That does not mean that chanting will stop if the basic needs are not met. If one is unemployed, one can do more service in the local temple or outside (book distribution) and at the same time build up enough skill sets to get employed. Like any other situation in life, this is also a choice we will make - whether to put our unemployment also in the service of the lord or to use this as an excuse for not doing devotion properly (Krsna is not taking care of me, how can I pray to Him?).

Even if it is disturbed chanting, my advice is for you to chant more - if you are not at 16 rounds, to come to chanting 16 rounds immediately. Look/ be open to alternate sources of employment apart from your acquired degree. Attend morning program in the temple - mangalarati, then chanting, then darshan arati, then Srimad Bhagawatam lecture. It has a strange way of keeping the mind at peace and at the same time, solving so many of our material problems. You will not realise now. If you are able to do this, then you will realise later how much chanting helped you go through this phase.

Consider everything as Krsna's prasadam, whether you have to go hungry one night (I know it sounds much much easier than it is) or you get proper luxuries the next night. Chant prabhu, food will come from somewhere, somehow. If it doesnt, your chanting will give you the power to withstand this bad time and eventually bring you closer to Krsna. If you have dependents, please encourage them also to chant.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• chapaties are fall from the sky if person has faith in god, and not only that,
    it falls everything what devotee ever wish, without any work .
    word ,impossibl , doesnt exist in gods mercy toward his devotee.
    even death cant aproach to devotee if devotee isnt ready to lieve the body, what to talk about other things.

those without faith, can just dreaming abouth.

SB 7.13.35The bee and the python are two excellent spiritual masters who give us exemplary instructions regarding how to be satisfied by collecting only a little and how to stay in one place and not move.
    SB 7.13.36From the bumblebee I have learned to be unattached to accumulating money, for although money is as good as honey, anyone can kill its owner and take it away.
    SB 7.13.37I do not endeavor to get anything, but am satisfied with whatever is achieved in its own way. If I do not get anything, I am patient and unagitated like a python and lie down in this way for many days.
    SB 7.13.38Sometimes I eat a very small quantity and sometimes a great quantity. Sometimes the food is very palatable, and sometimes it is stale. Sometimes prasāda is offered with great respect, and sometimes food is given neglectfully. Sometimes I eat during the day and sometimes at night. Thus I eat what is easily available.
    SB 7.13.39To cover my body I use whatever is available, whether it be linen, silk, cotton, bark or deerskin, according to my destiny, and I am fully satisfied and unagitated.
    SB 7.13.40Sometimes I lie on the surface of the earth, sometimes on leaves, grass or stone, sometimes on a pile of ashes, or sometimes, by the will of others, in a palace on a first-class bed with pillows.
    SB 7.13.41O my lord, sometimes I bathe myself very nicely, smear sandalwood pulp all over my body, put on a flower garland, and dress in fine garments and ornaments. Then I travel like a king on the back of an elephant or on a chariot or horse. Sometimes, however, I travel naked, like a person haunted by a ghost.
    SB 7.13.42Different people are of different mentalities. Therefore it is not my business either to praise them or to blaspheme them. I only desire their welfare, hoping that they will agree to become one with the Supersoul, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Kṛṣṇa.
    SB 7.13.43The mental concoction of discrimination between good and bad should be accepted as one unit and then invested in the mind, which should then be invested in the false ego. The false ego should be invested in the total material energy. This is the process of fighting false discrimination.
    SB 7.13.44A learned, thoughtful person must realize that material existence is illusion. This is possible only by self-realization. A self-realized person, who has actually seen the truth, should retire from all material activities, being situated in self-realization.

• I wonder if the money you use to pay your internet bill falls from the sky too Prabhuji! Hare Krsna!
    • Volunteer

in my stage i cannot wait for chapatis from the sky so i have to work hard.

Krishna in Bhagavad Gita says that Devotee may not depend on others and will do his or her duties honestly.

And we should be honest with ourselves.

That type of paramahamsa who waits for chapatis from the sky is a very elevated soul.

He is ready to fast if needed; ready to tolerate all the difficulties of life and one who can live very austere.

Not all of us in that stage. So for us it is better to follow Varnashrama Dharma.

And gradually progress in renunciation, otherwise we will be a burden to a society.

Your servant in serving to Srila Prabhupada,

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances!

I think anyone of us has to learn practical things besides school education.

Otherwise being depended only on degree we may be left out of having job and money for livelihood.

Krishna won't send us chapatis from the sky. He gives us talents and intelligence using which we can earn that chapati.

So for example, we could learn singing, or music, or cooking, or making some arts, painting, sewing, animation, foreign languages, dance, sports, photographing, ...so many such like independent skills.

So if we learn them from childhood easily we will become professionals in that field.

For example right after school i could work as a chess teacher because i was playing it myself from my 8 years of age.

I could give private classes of English and computer to kids. So parents should take care of kids' future careers.

I have friends who learn vocal singing so within 6  years now she teaches singing.

I know people who do not work for someone but open a shop and do tailoring. Some who cook and distribute sweets to sweet shops.

So these are some ideas of how to make livelihood.

Your servant,

This reply was deleted.