Replies

• Volunteer

hare krsna kriti j

PAHMO AGTSP

ANS is - NO 

The Vedic injunction is  hiḿsyāt sarvā bhūtāni: never commit violence to anyone.

In  bhagvad Gita 2.19 krsna say Those who kill animal they do jst  Because it involves whimsical killing, Because it is not approved by authority, Because it involves violence to the innocent animal..

people do this thing bcoz of the Guna.. each & every person born in three mode of material nature (Sattva guṇarajas guṇa, and tamas guṇa Mode of goodness, mode of passion, mode of ignorance ) acc. to these three mode people do there karmas.

Mode of goodness - being purer than the others, is illuminating, and it frees one from all sinful reactions. Those situated in that mode become conditioned by a sense of happiness and knowledge.

Mode of passion - is born of unlimited desires and longings and because of this the embodied living entity is bound to material fruitive actions.

Mode of darkness - born of ignorance, is the delusion of all embodied living entities. The results of this mode are madness, indolence and sleep, which bind the conditioned soul.

people do this things bcoz of ignorance..

forgive me if i m wrong

tour servant

vinay

• Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO AGTSP.  When able, please advise the Vedic reference for  hiḿsyāt sarvā bhūtāni. Is it from the Vedas, Puranas, Upanishads, or otherwise.  I know it is in the Purport of BG As It Is Chapter 2.19. Thank you.

Haribol, your servant

• Thanks Vinay and Francis prabhuji for helping me. My room mate told me all this that Bali is a must in their house during Durga Puja. I was shocked on hearing all this. 

Your words really helped me. 

Jai Shree Krishna............

• I support Vinay prabhu's  answer. It is wrong to kill innocent animals as an offering to Bali the offering will be accepted by Ghosts and the result will not be good for anyone. It is better to make offerings in the mode of goodness with love and devotion. a leaf, a fruit, a flower or water is acceptable, affordable and in the mode of goodness. There is no excuse for killing it is always going to cause pain and it also causes the heart to become hard and cruel. One cannot develop love for Krishna(God) in a hard heart. 

This reply was deleted.