Transcendental form of Krishna

Hare Krishna to all!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

When we read Bhagavad Gita  text 11.53 and text 11.54, we learn about Lord Krishna's transcendental form. However I am not clear whether His 4-arm form  and/or 2-arm form are/ is referred to as the transcendental form therein. When I meditate upon Him, I visualize His 2-arm form only which I feel more pleasing. I am not sure if I am committing any sin for doing that.  The verses are as follows: 

nāhaṁ vedair na tapasā na dānena na cejyayā
śakya evaṁ-vidho draṣṭuṁ dṛṣṭavān asi māṁ yathā (B. G. 11.53)

Translation: The form you are seeing with your transcendental eyes cannot be understood simply by studying the Vedas, nor by undergoing serious penances, nor by charity, nor by worship. It is not by these means that one can see Me as I am.

bhaktyā tv ananyayā śakya aham evaṁ-vidho ’rjuna
jñātuṁ draṣṭuṁ ca tattvena praveṣṭuṁ ca paran-tapa (B.G. 11.54)

Translation: My dear Arjuna, only by undivided devotional service can I be understood as I am, standing before you, and can thus be seen directly. Only in this way can you enter into the mysteries of My understanding.

When Lord Krishna says,  " The form you are seeing with your transcendental eyes"  and " As I am standing before you." does He mean His 2-arm form or 4-arm form? My humble inquiries to all exalted devotees are:

Which of the two forms of Krishna is referred  to in those two verses? Which form of Lord Krishna one should meditate upon? 

I will appreciate your generous response and help in this regard.

Please accept my dandvat pranam!

Hare Krishna!

Your insignificant servant,

Amal 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This whole talk of what's original and what's copy seems totally futile to me.

In material domain only this could have some value.e.g if something is original and then some copy of it is made then there is a definite point in time when this happens.

If original and the copy,both happen to be present at the same time,then what's original and what's copy?Krishna,Rama,Narayana........all are eternally present since eternity.. 

• Lord Narayan 4 handed form is the original form n krsna,rama,matsya,kurma,narasimha,kalki etc..... are his AVATARS.This is the conclusion of Acharyas of Sri sampradaya.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Krsna, the original purusha, the adi purusha is 2 handed form. Vishnu, an expansion of Krsna is 4 handed form. If the 2 handed form is more pleasing to you and you meditate on this form while chanting, absolutely no offence. Pls go ahead.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.