Hare krishna to one and all :)

I have this question for which I have been trying to search for a specific answer since a long time ..

If any one of you can Kindly check and give a reply :

If a man wishes that a son should be born to him who will be a famous scholar, frequenting assemblies and speaking delightful words, a student of all the Vedas and an enjoyer of the full term of life, he should have rice cooked with the meat of a young bull or of one more advanced in years and he and his wife should eat it with clarified butter. Then they should be able to beget such a son. -Brhadaranyaka Upanishad 6.4.18

There are many other quotes ..

Also we have many animal sacrifices which used to be done in vedic age .. which was prevalent even dur lord Ram's era ..

So .. did brahman's used to eat flesh !!??

I know about the transfer of the soul of sacrificed animal to a higher body .. but I am still not sure whether brahman's used to eat flesh !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Rohan Tiwari Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

In Kali Yuga there are some forbidden things which were allowed in previous ages:

as i remember some of them:

--forbidden to take sannyasa

--forbidden to have more than one wife

--forbidden sacrifices with animals

Vedic scriptures are written some of for the people in ignorance, some of for the people in passion, in goodness, and only few of them written for the people who are searching for Absolute Truth.

Brahmans are those who are first compassionate. So it means that they can not eat animals for the sake of their own future child. They even should not protect themselves using weapons so how they can kill and eat?!

Logically impossible.

Your servant,

• any replies ! ?

This reply was deleted.