The Importance of Japa Story

Haribol, Prabhu and Mataji.

My name's Dewa Ayu Rini, I'm a beginner. I'd like to know about any pastime stories from sastra about The Importance of Japa. Story that shows the benefits of doing japa. I think it would be nice to know that and write it as reference in my paper.

Thank you. Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Read Japa book by Bhurijan prabhu ji,,,you will get to know how to chant properly and its importance
  • Hare Krishna...
    Importance of Japa story .. hmm
    Do you Valmiki? the one who composed The Ramayana?
    Find out online what is his story how he got the name Valmiki.
    =>Another story is Story of Dhruva Maharaj . How little dhruva learnt Japa technique from Narada muni.
    You do the research. I am giving you hints.
    Becoz there are many many stories of Japa importance esp. In Kaliyuga its most relevant method for attaining salvation.
    "Kaliyug keval naam adhaara
    Sumir Sumir nar utarahin paara"

Shri Tulsidas ji has aptly said that in kaliyuga only holy names of Lord Rama or Krishna can relieve and liberate you.

One more Story is there which is a dialogue between Narad ji and Bramha ji.
    It is said in Kalisantaranopanishad.
    Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare;
    Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare.

At the end of Dvapara-Yuga, Narada went to Brahma and addressed him thus: "O Lord, how shall I, roaming over the earth, be able to cross Kali?" To which Brahma thus replied: "Well asked. Hearken to that which all Srutis (the Vedas) keep secret and hidden, through which one may cross the Samsara (mundane existence) of Kali. He shakes off (the evil effects of) Kali through the mere uttering of the Name of the Lord Narayana, who is the Primeval Purusha. " Again Narada asked Brahma: "What is the Name?" To which Hiranyagarbha (Brahma) replied thus: (the words are) "1. Hare, 2. Rama, 3. Hare, 4. Rama, 5. Rama, 6. Rama, 7. Hare, 8. Hare, 9. Hare, 10. Krishna, 11. Hare, 12. Krishna, 13. Krishna, 14. Krishna, 15. Hare, 16. Hare. These sixteen Names (words) are destructive of the evil effects of Kali. No better means than this is to be seen in all the Vedas. These (sixteen Names) destroy the Avarana (or the veil which produces the sense of individuality) of Jiva surrounded by the sixteen Kalas (rays). Then like the sphere of the sun which shines fully after the clouds (screening it) disperse, Parabrahman alone shines. "

Narada asked: "O Lord! what are the rules to be observed with reference to it?" To which Brahma replied that there are no rules for it. Whosoever in a pure or an impure state, utters these always, attains the same world of.
    Hare Krishna.
  • The highest and most sublime method of worshipping Lord Krsna in this age of Kali-yuga is chanting the Hare Krsna Mahamantra on beads (japa), or by singing alone (kirtan) or in association with other devotees (sankirtan) - Brhad-naradiya Purana

As per Sri-Caitanya-Caritamrta, "In this Age of Kali there is no religious principle other than the chanting of the holy name, which is the essence of all Vedic hymns. This is the purport of all scriptures".

You can find many scriptural references here - http://www.krishna.com/some-scriptural-references-hare-krishna-maha...

Hare Krishna
    Some scriptural references on the Hare Krishna Maha-mantra | Krishna.com
This reply was deleted.