Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

In the reality in this world all of us suffer. But some of us realize that we are suffering but some of us can not do so.

For example, hog eating stool thinks that he is enjoying life. Camel drinking his own blood thinks that he is eating tasty plants. 

In this way materialistic people work very hard day and night, earn some money and do not have time for enjoying that money. Their enjoyment is only TV and food. They sit in front of TV and go into unreality and enjoy just putting themselves in the role of main actors and actresses. 

In this way no one enjoys in this world.

We are not body. And our real enjoyment does not depend on external things. Even if our body is in bad atmosphere we can be in bliss if our consciousness is in Krishna. 

Also as Sudipta Roy Prabhu told in the beginning Mother in low teaches her daughter in low teaching her own daughter. In this way Krishna shows us example how to overcome difficulties by showing the examples of His Devotees.

Seeing that someone could be Krishna Conscious and at the same time overcame all obstacles in life we will have hope that we also can do that.

--------------------------

I heard in the lecture of HH Bhkati Vigyana Gosvami Maharaj that there are 2 types of reaching Spiritual worlds.

1. Some Devotees before reaching the Spiritual Planet go through all the Planetary system of this material world. After such like Devotees usually come Viman-air plane and sitting on that Viman they travel all the places whether lower or higher places.

2. Second type of Devotees after death of this body directly, immediately achieve to Spiritual world. 

And Maharaj told that it depends on the stage of a Devotee. If Devotee has some even tiny desires about this world then he will be checked by showing all these things in this world. But if Devotee does not have a tinge of desire of this world then he goes directly.

And also he told that there is one lake to which one is put and in every taking bath one takes new body. Body of a sage, or a demigod...if that time he wishes to stay in that body then he will stay but not go to Spiritual world. It is just for washing away for all material desires.

---------

All 5 Pandavas were previous Indras. It is not that Bhima was Vayu or Yudhushtra Yamaraj. In the lecture i heard that all they were Indras. And Draupadi non other than Indrani.

Also in his lecture HH Bhakti Vidya Purna Swami Maharaj  told that Himalaya is a center of the universe. It is i think connected to the mount of Meru. And he told that in order to leave this world one goes through this Himalaya and trough Polar star or something like that. 

Mount Meru is not different than the middle part of the Virat Rupa which is the stable of the Lotus Flower on which Lord Brahma resides. In this way maybe Pandavas went to Satyaloka then to the Spiritual world.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna ashwani p,

What is more important is that we refer to shashtras ... If shashtras say that Pandavas went to abode of Krsna, then they must have gone to abode of Krsna only.... Also Arjuna was a gr8 devotee of Krsna, how can he go to hell.. Krsna personally protected Arjuna all through the battle.

ys

• Sevak

Dear Darian prabhu,

Srimad Bhagavatam clearly explains what happened to the Padavas:

SB 1.15.32 — Upon hearing of Lord Kṛṣṇa’s returning to His abode, and upon understanding the end of the Yadu dynasty’s earthly manifestation, Mahārāja Yudhiṣṭhira decided to go back home, back to Godhead.

SB 1.15.47-48 — Thus by pure consciousness due to constant devotional remembrance, they attained the spiritual sky, which is ruled over by the Supreme Nārāyaṇa, Lord Kṛṣṇa. This is attained only by those who meditate upon the one Supreme Lord without deviation. This abode of the Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, known as Goloka Vṛndāvana, cannot be attained by persons who are absorbed in the material conception of life. But the Pāṇḍavas, being completely washed of all material contamination, attained that abode in their very same bodies.

SB 1.15.50 — Draupadī also saw that her husbands, without caring for her, were leaving home. She knew well about Lord Vāsudeva, Kṛṣṇa, the Personality of Godhead. Both she and Subhadrā became absorbed in thoughts of Kṛṣṇa and attained the same results as their husbands.

SB 1.15.51 — The subject of the departure of the sons of Pāṇḍu for the ultimate goal of life, back to Godhead, is fully auspicious and is perfectly pure. Therefore anyone who hears this narration with devotional faith certainly gains the devotional service of the Lord, the highest perfection of life.

So sir if I were to take your ideas to be true then that would mean Srimad Bhagavatam and Mahabharata are contradicting each other. But that can not be possible because Srimad Bhagavatam and Mahabharata are both authentic works of the same writer, Srila Vyasadeva.

Hope that cleared all confusions in this subject matter.
    Your Servant.

• Srijon these r not my words but it is stated thus in Mahabharata. And i am not the only one who knows this.The scriptures all contain different variations of many stories what to believe?  It may be possible that the different variations of stories relate to different kalpas. Besides what does these details have to do with ones devotional service anyway.

• Sevak

Hare Krishna Darian prabhu,

Yes, I was just reading that part of Mahabharata. And it does mention about Yudhisthira and the other brothers going to heaven. Sorry that was my fault, forgive me for that. Yes you are right that it may be referring to different kalpas. In Krishna Dharma's Mahabharata translation 1 paragraph says:
        Narada says:“Those who are too attached to matter cannot understand this knowledge. They must remain in mortal spheres, sometimes coming to heaven and sometimes descending to hell. As long as one does not awaken his original, pure consciousness, realizing his eternal spiritual nature, he is bound in the cycle of birth and death. You Pāṇḍavas are fixed in service to Kṛṣṇa and are liberated. In bringing you to the material world, the Lord simply used you as His instruments. This is understood only by those who are free from illusion.”
        But we should take Srimad Bhagavatam as Supreme authority and have faith in its version of the stories as Lord Chaitanya Himself preached it 500 years ago as the ideal scripture for God realization.
        You can read that part of Mahabharata in this link:
        http://vedabase.com/en/mbk/2/35

Your Servant.

• Brother Siddhartha he is referring to the accounts of the Mahabharata as it is stated they all went to heaven according to the Mahabharata and not the spiritual abode.

• Sevak

Darian prabhu,

Non-Vaishnava interpreters may refer to Vaikuntha or Goloka Vrindavan as heaven. In Mahabharata, Pandavas reach Goloka Vrindavan not the material world's heaven. Krishna Himself stayed at the home of Pandavas and was their best friend and well wisher. Only extraordinary and most fortunate devotees can get such favors from Krishna. And for such pure devotees like Pandavas, their destination is nor hell or material heaven but:

Bg 11.55: My dear Arjuna, he who engages in My pure devotional service, free from the contaminations of fruitive activities and mental speculation, he who works for Me, who makes Me the supreme goal of his life, and who is friendly to every living being – he certainly comes to Me.

Hari Bol!

• Actually according to Mahabharata this is not true, as they reach material heaven and this is clearly mentioned as all pandavas return to there respective abodes according to the devas from which they were portions and this is stated. Each Pandava was a portion of specific devas as Arjuna was a portion of Indra, Bheema was a portion of Vayu, Yudisthra was a portion of Dharmaraja, Nakula and Sahdeva were portions of the Ashwins.

• Hare Krsna, 

The duration of life during the time of Pandavas was 1000 years.  All the sufferings they underwent in this world was only for 36 years or so and after that they ruled the planet for over 750 years before they left their reins to Parikshit and left for Himalayas.

On the other hand Duryodhana and his team enjoyed their first 36 years royally and left to hellish planets for a permanent residence.

On the contrary, it was Pandavas who went to hellish planets first than kauravas. Pandavas had to spend a very little time in Hell because of their bad karma and went to Heavenly planets for a permanent residence. Kauravas due to their pious activities during their administration were given a chance to go to heavenly planets for a little time and then to hellish planets for a permanent residence.

Foolish kauravas could have elevated up from the heavenly planets if they had used their intelligence and spent that little time in repent, but they used their little time in sense gratification, so their destiny was Hell.

Again, Krsna can do anything.  We just have to allow Krsna to do anything with us just like Pandavas did. A pure devotee is always dependent on Krsna. A pure devotee is tension free because he has Krsna to take care of him. It is actually Krsna who is tensed for His devotees.

Srila Prabhupada said in many lectures, a devotee is more liberated than the Lord Himself.

Hare Krsna 

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna P,

plz can you tell where is this information given that pandavas went to hellish planets? They were unalloyed devotees of Krsna, how can they go to hellish planets? Also everyone who was killed in the battle infront of Krsna was delivered. This is given in Bhagavad Gita as i have heard. Please forgive me if my words hurt. No offenses meant, I don't mean to hurt u or correct you, just asking for clarification..

ys

This reply was deleted.