Swami Chinmayananda and his Bhagavad Gita

Hare Krishna,

is this Bhagavad Gita commentary dangerous in your opinion?

Bhagavad Gita

As you can see elsewhere, he wrote very extensively on the Bhagavad Gita:

Chinmayananda

Is he a Mayavadi? Am i going to lose faith in Krishna if i read his Gita?

Please, before making a reply to this post, at least read the reviews on the Amazon website, what those people said about the book.

thanks

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Lord is like ocean with unlimited qualities and His drops, jivas, posses same unlimited qualities.

The ocean is original source of His drops who are sometimes visible and sometimes not.

The drops of the ocean are visible when they are separated from their source, but soon as they unite back with the ocean they become invisible and its look they are one with its source. Philosophy of Oneness should be understood in that way.

Can unlimited drops of the ocean who has same qualities as ocean call themselfs the ocean ? 

Of course they can, because meditation on the original source brings you back to source.

We can see just Ajamila example who gave His son the name Narayana, and because of calling his son by that name, get opportunity to come back to its original source , back to Godhead.

The Mayavadis are in illusion only because one thing, denying Sri Krishna to be that original source, as well as denying the moods of bhakti of being the servant, lover, husband, father.. in correlation with God, which is easiest way of returning to original source of every soul.

Considering all that, vaishnava who wants spiritual progresss should avoid criticizing  vaishnavas, no matter of the different philosophy, teachings or tradition. 

• Thanks Balrama Prabhu for the link .

That was very wonderful !

You asked and you answered . Why are you still in doubt ?
  • Email me at chno_is_you1@yahoo.com

I may have some advice to help you prabhuji.
  • I think i found something very interesting, here Prabhupada scolds Chinmayananda's disciples:

Prabhupada against Chinmayananda disciples

Prabhupada said, "We shall debate whether Chinmayananda Swami will lift Govardhan Hill or not." Sri Nathji: Prabhupada...

Posted by The Bhaktivedanta Archives on Friday, April 15, 2016
This reply was deleted.