STUDY OR BHAKTI?

Hare krishna, My always asks me to study but i want to serve krishna. if i will study  then i do not have any time to chant.And if i only chant & do not study then i will fail in my exam & then my father will scold me.what should i do pls advice me.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chanting comes first if you chant in routine your trust on krishna will increase day by day and krsna will arrange almost everything which will help you to increase your spiritual advancement.So always trust on krsna's arrangements.Sorry if i had made any offense.hkrsna.dandvat
  • Chanting comes first if you chant in routine your trust on krishna will increase day by day and krsna will arrange almost everything which will help you to increase your spiritual advancement.So always trust on krsna's arrangements.Sorry if i had made any offense.hkrsna.dandvat
  • hare krishna,

not to worry. you can't study 24 hrs a day. you have to take breaks. instead of watching tv or gossiping do your chanting 1-2 mala at time, on the way to school/college. have the intention. Krishna shows the way.

haribol 

• Volunteer

I have a feeling you are using practice of Japa, an excuse not to study. To be sure, let me ask you, how many hours of Japa are you planning on doing? 8 hours? or more like 1 hour?

Doing Japa can help you focus on your studies better not the other way around.

When you do japa, make sure you do it with total attention. This can be usually achieved early in the morning before 6:30 am. and after 3am.

Kindly forgive me if I offended you.

Jai Srila Prabhupad. Hare Krishna

• u should study also since it is a part of ur karma n one should do service to parents also..u knw Sarwan kumar never went to tample but give up evrthing n achieve god from his karma, chant in ur mind n go tample also n plz dnt give excuse since god dnt wnt to see his devotte in failing in his karma, Ravidas g bring Ganga in his katori..so do ur study n puja ..God will help u n he knws everthing ...so do ur karma also..Hare Krishna
  • hare krsna

PAMHO

AGTSP

plz read ths..

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_gate-topper-spreads-the-messa...

ys

shivani

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Study..there is no such thing as no time, you can squeeze in some time for Krishna bhakti too..Krishna Bhakta always find's some time for Krishna, they never get defeated by challenges.  Study and become something useful for Krishna.  Krishna needs skilled people.

2533721847?profile=original

• please read the biography of gour govind maharaj , and our previous acharayas all of them were well educated. They managed studies and bhakti together. I know one mata ji . she has 8 kids and she is also studying . I have faced the similar problem. The best thing is make a time table and follow it properly. you can chant  anywhere. you can read during your lunch breaks. if you don't like reading you can hear the audio . Pray to krishna and cry in front of him. he will help you.

• Volunteer
        2544604843?profile=original

HareKrishna,

Yes, you are right sister

Of course, there many reasons for NOT to Study. As a teacher, i show this kind of problem with many students. They like KC activities so much so that they find hard to concentrate on study and other things. But practically speaking, our life must be balanced. If you are not able to do your material duties properly or sincerely than very same mentality will manifest in spiritual life too, may be soon or latter but for sure.

So, as for now you are studding, be sincere for your present duty and pray to Lord. If you are sincerely having desire to serve Him than He will surely arrange for you time, as He is TIME HIMSELF. And i would like to ask, why Krishna stops you coming to Him? We are the problems! Frankly speaking, we are lazy and dnt know how to use our time in proper way. I agree with Pooja that you must have "time table". I do the same with my students when they make very same argument with me that they dont have time to chant even a single round. As they make "time table", they realize that so much of time is wasted in here and there. If they make best use of that time than at least they can chant and read daily without any problems.

Please, do read following articles, they will help you to understand more :

Read more : Spiritual Quest
        Categories:

Qualities | Practice | Family Life | Chanting-Hearing | Avoid Miseries | Detachment | Devotional Service | Life Style | Scriptural Injunctions | Bhagavatam | Health |

Diet | Hindi Blog | VIEW ALL

This reply was deleted.