Story that proves existence of soul

Hare Krsna dear devotees,
All Glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga
All Glories to Srila Prabhupad

One of the senior devotees(my mentor and guide) had requested to search for story/real-life incident/Srila Prabhupad vani/ any other source which is verifiable for the subject discussed below.

The requirements are as follows:
1. Story/incident/ etc. that should directly bring out the fact that there soul exists
2. A second story/incident etc. which proves the authenticity of the Vedas

The story should be crisp and filled with facts and need not be much philosophical since the audience to be addressed through that is general. But one care should be taken the story/incident should be as direct as possible. The devotee for whom this is to be done is a very advanced soul practicing Krishna Consciousness since many years, and currently running a youth center and mentoring around 100-200 young students into Krishna Consciousness. Any help would be greatly appreciated and attract the mercy of Guru and Vaishnavas. If you want to send some doc I am providing my email-id below

Ys Satyam
satyam.rnsm@gmail.com

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna prabhuji,

Dandavat pranams. All glories to Srila Prabhupad.

Regarding 1. Psychiatrist, Ian Stevenson's research on reincarnation and memories resulting from past lives show that soul exists and transmigrates. Dr.Raymond Moody's work on near death experiences also brings out the fact that soul exists.Hope this gives some lead.

Hare Krishna.

• HARE KRISHNA DEVOTEES,

PLEASE SEND MORE REPLIES WHICH RELATE THIS POST TO KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESS ABOUT PROVE OF SOUL.

N WHAT PRABHUPAD N HIS PREVIOUS ACHARYAS USED TO SAY ON THIS. N WHT OUR VEDAS N SCRIPUTRES SAID ABT WHETHER THE SOUL EXISTS OR NOT ????

N WHT HAPPEN WHEN A PERSON DIES?

PLEASE ADVANCED DEVOTEES REPLY. THANKS

HARE KRISHNA

• Hare Krushna Prabhuji,

Plz check 16th Page of Times of India Yesterday where science has proved there is life after death(existence of soul). You can further check the following link for the article appeared in daily mail on 15th November 2013. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2503370/Quantum-phys...

Hari Bola.

YS

• Thank you so much dear Pratap Pattanayak Prabhu. This will be a good one but something more simpler, less of scientific details and more of commonplace yet strong references will be of great help. 

But I sincerely thank you for this piece of information

Ys

• Haribola. This documantary by BBC on

• Volunteer

well all the stories of people remembering their past life (lives) holds a strong point.

I was watching this documentary the other day of a boy named James who could remember his past in significant detail. This can't be a sign of mental disease since the descriptions and statements he was saying were factual. 

So we ask, how can someone remember things like this. Scientists will BS all they can to think of something "scientific" but the truith of the matter that anyone with common sense can understand is that there must be something or someone that links the two memories (past and present). The only understanding that fits such a case is that a) we are not the body, but a soul; and b) that reincarnation exists.

This reply was deleted.