sorrow

why dere is so much dirt outside..I mean clash of dirty thoughts filled in mind of humans...whenever I luk outside I feel very bad 4 d people who suffered a lot bcoz of bad karmas of someone..in dis yuga d prsn who is happy still remains in dis state n person which is suffering from childhood still suffers today...I mean is it fair.?????..why Krishna does it wid NYC person always... even his devotees too have to suffer... BT wht abut DAT prson who has suffered from childhood still gets sufferings again n again...how DAT person wid dat broken heart live dis lyf. cheerfully?????

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

This is Kaliyuga - the age of quarrel.There will be kalah (clash) here.

One thing to understand is that everyone suffers the result of their own karma across lifetimes, never of someone else's. I know it sounds very harsh and very difficult for us to expect, esp for loved ones, but this is a fact. Nobody suffers because of someone else. That someone else is just the medium, this pain was to reach this person. If you remove that someone else, there will be some other medium, whether person or natural calamity, which will make this person suffer.

Coming to why Krsna's devotees have to suffer - to tell the world taht this world is dukhalayam ashaswatam - temporary and full of miseries. How can anyone be happy in a world of miseries. In the case of devotee, he is so absorbed in loving devotional service that he does not pay attention to the suffering and is able to easily tolerate.

The idea is to be happy - jahi vidhi rakhe ram, tahi vidhi rahiye - in whichever situation Ram keeps us, we should remain in that situation. WHat does this mean - any which ways we have to stay in the situation in which Ram has kept us, then what is the meaning of this statement? It means tahi vidhi khush rahiye - remain happy / contented in that situation only. That is how we show our gratitude to God.

I have tried to explain to the best of my ability.
    I hope it makes sense to you.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• thank u Rashmii...I knw dis...BT u knw when I hear d sorrows of my dear ones..I feel very sad...4 dem...BT u r right..everyone have to remain in DAT situation....as u said....jahe vidhi rakhe ram tahi vidhi rahiyee...
This reply was deleted.