How to forget pains?

How does one forget something that has been very painful?

how does one find peace in such a situation?

how does one stop self destructing himself as an escape route?

I am new to ISKCON and desire tree..i have started chanting but I cant stop my tears when I start chanting and that disturbs the whole process of chanting.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krishna prabhu,i hope you are right
    • Hmmm.ok.well,i do not sit before the idol of the god but will soon start it and make it a routine.
      As I wrote somewhere that cant forget this phase of my life but somehow I have started to realize in past few days that may be I can live with it.just 10-15 days back I used to feel that I just cant live with this pain.everyday when I used to wake up in the morning(never concious of when I slept) a bout of immense sadness used to hit me like a sledge-hammer and I used to pray to god to kill me somehow.
      still there are more bad times than good times...but there is a feeling in my heart that I am not alone.
    • Hare Krishna manish ji,

1. several devotees have assured you that tears while chanting is an indication of purification. so feel assured tht you are on the right way.

2. dont try to forget the pains, it does not work....try to increase the love for the Lord, the pains will subside slowly. it will take time....but it will slowly. 

make a routine of sitting before the idol of the Lord everyday for sometime - when u are mentally talking with Him. this will help.

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji!!!!!!  You are going on the right path of True devotional ship.  If you are crying while chanting it means that it is the simple process of cleansing of your heart through the meditation of Hare Krishna Mahamantra and Iam sure you are active and initiated in your chanting that is why this all happening with you.  I am really very happy on this.

Your Humble Servant!!

Bhuwan Dutt Bawari

Hare Krishna

• Hare krishna prabhu...thank you for such a encouraging story and the quotes.we all know the truth..we have all heard stories about people's resilience and faith etc etc..but when it happens in our own lives then we truly realize the extent o f its implications in different spheres of our lives.we realize that the problems in our personal lives starts affecting our professional lives..and this is just one of the aspects.i have learnt that no amount of stories..of encouragement...of self destruction can help us come out of it.the only thing that will do is an unbreakable faith in god.even then its not easy..but I have started to feel certain changes in my life that I had never felt before...something has definitely died inside of me but at the same time something new has started to grow inside me as well.
  • Hare Krishna prabhuji..it is perfectly okay to cry to Krishna rather than someone else.He is our best well wisher...You just keep on chanting..never give up chanting...we all have gone through difficult moments of life...well, that is what life is all about..there will some happiness and distress...but when you are chanting, somehow you will find everything is smooth, in place and Krishna will create the best atmosphere for you to become his dear devotee...When Krishna is waiting for us to go back to Him, why should we focus on something that will only bring us down? Let's focus on Him and be happy in life..CHEER UP PRABHUJI...YOU HAVE GOT THE BEST TREASURE..NOTHING ELSE TO WORRY ABOUT..

JAI JAGANNATH

• Hari bol!!a seed of thought has started to germinate in my heart that says I can live with this pain..that someday(if I remain devoted to krsna) I will find my PEACE which has been eluding me my whole life.thanks to you and others.hari bol!!!:) :)
    • Hari Bol! 

• Hare krishna mata ji.thank you for you kind words and guidance.you are indeed correct.i have started to feel a little better than earlier.i am not totally allright and I guess I will never be but I am sure I will learn to live with it.i am doing chanting regularly without fail.i have observed that ever since I have started chanting..i have become more hopeful and optimistic about a better and krsna concious future.overall,there is a feeling of "not being alone" in my heart
This reply was deleted.