I started feeling guilty and depressed. I want to be back on track..when I was doing chanting nicely and my whole day was going so positive and full of enthusiasm.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The offenses against chanting the holy name are as follows:

1) To blaspheme the devotees who have dedicated their lives for propagating the holy name of the Lord.

2) To consider the names of the demigods like Lord Siva or Lord Brahma to be equal to, or independent of, the name Lord Visnu.

3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master.

4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version.

5) To consider the glories of chanting Hare Krsna to be imagination.

6) To give some interpretation on the holy name of the Lord.

7) To commit sinful activities on the strength of chanting the holy name of the Lord.

8) To consider chanting of Hare Krsna one of the auspicious ritualistic activities offered in the Vedas as fruitive activities (karma-kanda).

9) To instruct a faithless person about the glories of the holy name.

10) To not have complete faith in the chanting of the holy names and to maintain material attachments, even after understanding so many instructions on this matter.

Every devotee who claims to be a Vaisnava must guard against these offenses in order to quickly achieve the desired success.

• Mataji plz batao na
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krishna Mataji!You put very nice question.This is obvious in the beginning stage. Do not worry. Keep chanting.

There are three stages of chanting:

!) Chanting with offenses 

2) Defenseless chanting

3) Chanting with pure stage.

So, you are in the first stage. What to speak of you, all great personalities also do commit same mistake what you experience. Even Arjun,the close friend and devotee of Krishna asked Krishna what you are asking about concentrating mind.

cañcalaṁ hi manaḥ kṛṣṇa
    pramāthi balavad dṛḍham
    tasyāhaṁ nigrahaṁ manye
    vāyor iva su-duṣkaram BG. 6.34

The mind is restless, turbulent, obstinate and very strong, O Kṛṣṇa, and to subdue it, I think, is more difficult than controlling the wind.
    But the sweet Lord  replied:
    śrī-bhagavān uvāca
    asaṁśayaṁ mahā-bāho
    mano durnigrahaṁ calam
    abhyāsena tu kaunteya
    vairāgyeṇa ca gṛhyate B.G 6.35
    Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa said: O mighty-armed son of Kuntī, it is undoubtedly very difficult to curb the restless mind, but it is possible by suitable practice and by detachment.
    So, you have to keep on pulling your mind from different thoughts to chanting just like pulling of the head of a tortoise as mentioned in Bhagavad Gita. Keep doing like this, one day you will able to conquer your restless mind and fix it at the lotus feet of Krishna.
    Thank you

• Hare Krishna , All Glories To Srila Prabhupada , Dandavats

From My Realizations i Suggest that Focus on Hearing the each word while chanting, Feel krishna in his name while doing japa , Do not Rush to Finish Your Rounds Enjoy your time With krishna (Enjoy your Japa) & whenever your mind wanders on material toughts wile doing japa repeat the pancha tattva Mantra and continue.

• hare krsna danadavata mataji, all glories shrila prabhupada

as the pactictioner of the krsna conciousness sadhana bhakta, i would like to tell that firstly to being  aware about  not being able to chant without full concentration shows you are understanding the value of the chanting and putting some efforts to know the way. as the practioner no matter what happens we should NEVER leave our rounds or try to listen minds demands that always try to focus our energy apart form the chanting. from my realizations, i would read the glorifications of the holy name and the value and the important quailties of the holy name. this always inspire us to chant more and the deep. also trying to chant in the front of the tulasi devi early morning or at least chanting with the shrila pravupada tapes will empower you a lot. before going to the bed pray to lord shree hari, nama prabhu and specially the magnificient gaura nitai to chant their name in the humble state.. hope it will help if you need further assistence then do let me know.. soory for any mistakes

in your service

• SB 6.2.14One who chants the holy name of the Lord is immediately freed from the reactions of unlimited sins, even if he chants indirectly [to indicate something else], jokingly, for musical entertainment, or even neglectfully. This is accepted by all the learned scholars of the scriptures.
    Therefore, you dont need to worry.
    Just chant Hare Krishna and be happy.
This reply was deleted.