Signs after death

Hare Krishna !

PAMHO,

Can someone please tell that in Shastras is this anywhere written that after baithak of the departed soul we gather sand and cover it and everyday we light a lamp on the Sand and again Cover it and within few days, maximum till 9th day, we get the sign of the next birth of that soul.

And if we don't get any sign then it means that the person has attained moksha.

Can someone please tell that is this information right? 🙏

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

I just talked to my mother and asked about this ritual. She told ya they do these things and whatever you said it is true. But I don't know which shastras it is mentioned. You might ask the preist who is perfoming this karma kanda process to know more in detail.

Now to be frank there are many many rituals for doing shraddha cermony. some are being followed some are not .. with time people have left some old rituals.

But ya they say so this gives some signs. 

Now I don't like to think and give more thoughts to rituals and practices. As rituals and practices differ from culture to culture. State to State. South Indians have different method of doing the same ritual.

If you ask me. I would just say just don't bother too much about this moksha thingy.

All that one has in our hands is when the person is alive. When the person is alive if he or she uses his time correctly and does good karma and does some bhakti, chanting, devotional service. They can easily attain moksha..It is not a big thing also to attain moksha. Anyone can attain moksha.

After death of  the person, It is better to think how to properly perform the karma kanda procedure and give them a send off., and don't waste time in thinking if they attained moksha or not.

This is not in our hands.  What is in our hands is the time when the person was alive. After death... everything is in Krishna's hands. Its His will and Wish.. If He wants to give Moksha He will give it. If not NO.. these rituals are not a sign. They just make believe to us. Krishna is the authority to decide to give moksha or not. Who are we to even think all these.

Just do whatever is told by preist and hope that she is safely going back to Godhead. We just do what is needful and leave rest to Krishna.  

Itta soch samaj ke koi kaam nahi karna chahiye. Kuch cheezein apne control mein nahi hote. These things are not in our control. They are taken care off by Lord.  You may do bhakti and have hope that Lord will take care of ur grand mother. Don't worry so much. Bhagwan hai sab dekh lenge.

Doing Karma is only in our hands.. thinking about end results ( whether we get moksha or not ) is not in our control so don't waste time thinking if she got moksha or not. Just do karma.

कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन |
    मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि  2.47 BG

You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself to be the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.

Hare Krishna.

• Thanku so much mataji for clearing this concept and you are correct mataji i was thinking too much about it.

Instead i should have deep faith in Krishna's decision because ultimately he is our supreme father and he is more concerned for us then anyone else.

I will remember now that i should do my duty only and rest I should leave on krishna (our supremefather).

This reply was deleted.