Hare Krishna!
Please accept my humble obeisance. All glories to Srila Prabhupada,

In BG 18th chapter (I forget the verse no.), Satrs says it is not good to donate without considering date/time and others.

Now please consider the fact below,

I see a beggar asking for alms. This beggar says that he has not taken food since morning. May be the beggar is lying. So it is not possible for me whether he is lying or not. It is also possible at the same time that the beggar is very honest. So I am uncertain about the beggar. And I give him some alms (say I give him Rs. 10).

It might be also possible that this beggar will collect all the money whatever he got as alms at the end of the day and cook some Prasada and offer this to Krsna and then eat this.

So under this circumstances,
Am I doing against Sastra?

Just Servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is nice, but you will nevertheless accrue the karma for the use the beggar puts it to. Just because we want him to use it well does not necessarily make him do so, and a bad action done with a good intention will nevertheless give a bad result while you are in within this material world. The laws of karma are strict, and fail to apply only for elevated souls. The general mass of us devotees have to be very careful all the time.

• Yes! It helped me a lot..

Thanks a ton..

Hare Krsna!!

This reply was deleted.