Volunteer

Sexual Energy - Dont Copy Others ?

Sexual Energy - Dont Copy Others
Tim Lee brought up the subject of so called illicit sex. In my view sex is an integral part of life. Accepting it as such makes coming to terms with this powerful energy easier. There are no simple solutions to dealing with sexual energy for it is a manifestation of our vibrant life force made more complex when placed within the context of others often confusing and alluring energy.

Repressing sexuality by fighting one's own nature accomplishes little in the long run. Working with our natures by evolving from the reality of our life situation is vastly superior to accepting some ideal that does not fit. It is always unhealthy to live the life of another. Unrealistic demands to accept detachment from our inherent sensuality can take the form of insistence on our following codes or ideals that do not suit us or are ultimately harmful to our long-term interests. Such demands can create internal distress, the amplification of our already low self-esteem, and ultimately disease, for they can go against the natural flow of our energy. But the human can adapt to anything by justifying what they are doing by seeing value in it.My point is simply that we would be better off having the freedom to organically grow rather than be forced to act in ways in which others insist is better for us. This is not to say that one might, out of their own choice at their right time, transform their vision to something in tune with the ideals I described as unrealistic.

A real problem is that inexperienced seekers of the truth often lack the experience and maturity to be able to define a healthy path. Without an absolute reference point, each person has to find his or her own way to peace. Being mixed up in a repressive situation may be the best way for some people to find their own frequency within the universe. Ultimately, all that really counts is our maintaining our freedom to choose to do what we feel is best. In this context we can boldly go forth into the world and experience life in all its diversity. To sex or not to sex is certainly the question for many and the paths taken to find the answer reflect the decisions made. We can always change our decisions but finding the courage to change is often harder than we could imagine.

Even though freedom of choice and the inherent right to find our way through the arena of experience are essential elements to growth, there are problems associated with attaining a comfortable balance between our spirituality and sensuality that are best resolved by the acceptance of healthy limitations. Long-term relationships are good for stability and if love, respect and appreciation are maintained, relationship commitments can be an extraordinarily powerful force for evolution. Manifestations of love through sex within such a context is healthy and builds inner strength.

Yet who am I to say this is the way in which the sexual energy must manifest? It is only one of the myriad of ways in which it appears in life. I wrote it because it is, in my opinion, one of the better. But my journey to this conclusion was a long and intense one. So wouldn’t yours be too? Well, not necessarily. Again, find your own conclusions for when they are really yours, you embrace them wholeheartedly.

There are some who need to be detached from sex. There are some who need to absorb themselves in it for some time. There are some who vacillate between these two states, and still others that haven't the courage to define themselves sexually. Some will only have sex within marriage, some only outside of marriage. Some follow religious principles and others mock religion’s interference in their natural rhythms of growth. All are expressing themselves as they need to at the moment. It is possible that many will change in time as they accept the very circumstances in their lives they formerly condemned, an extremely beneficial way to experience the value of seeing the world through the eyes of others. It is definite that all will grow through their struggle to come to grips with their own innate sensuality and how it cooks their world.

Sexuality is something we are born with and cannot avoid. It is a major factor with which we live our lives. It is part of us and life without accommodating our inherent sensual nature is incomplete. Even if one wishes to detach oneself from it, the endeavor to push it away requires enormous effort. This is a testimonial to its pervasive power. The modern society is vastly different than the societies of yore and I am of the opinion that the traditional ideals of sexuality need to be updated to include the people of today.

The expression of sensuality is individual and there are no regulations that govern all situations with all people at all times and cultures. Each individual deals with their own feelings and actions in their own way. Everyone has to consider their own body and energy and the facilities or restrictions created by their family, society, culture or religion. I don't like to judge others choices, for everyone has the right to choose the path they feel is best for them.

What are your thoughts ?

Source : Heinrich Emrich Facebook

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Ashwani Pr,

One humble suggestion to you is that when we are sadhakas or in other words beginners in the process of KC, then it is very vital and life giving for us to read and hear Srila Prabhupad's books nicely and exhaustively. Whatever moden propaganda is there today in the form of illicit connections, etc. is thoroughly answered in the books of SP with ample logic and reason. It is only when we are not conversant with the principles of KC solidly esp through the books of SP, we look for other sources and tend to believe what others say. 

Also personally when I see such writers, thinkers, self-help guys, etc. I remember the statement quite often used by SP- arm chair speculators, talking about big-big things, sitting in ACs and writing books, giving interviews all over the world, becoming famous, etc. by propagandizing one's views is very easy, isn't it. Lets say if I write a book glorifying the illicit sex in volumes, what will happen? Obvious- it will become a blockbuster, so easy know. people will buy your books like anything.

but just see the example of SP, he is an acharya- one who teaches by his example. The principles that he inlaid in his books were personified in his character, when he is pulverizing the mayavadis, or when he is destroying the concept of illicit sex, gambling, etc. it has a background. That background is the sacrifice of SP physically, mentally and spiritually just to fulfill the instructions of his spiritual master and spread KC. That sacrifice is in the form of compassion that SP showed to every living entity on this planet to save us from going to hell perpetually. 

Now when I remember this how much should I be attracted to read SP books than waste my time on such nonsense writers who I do not even what is their background.So we must read SP books in and out.  Ashwani pr please forgive me if I have written something that hurts you, actually I myself am only not reading SP books sincerely, hope by writing this my reading will improve. 

Satyam

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhu ,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada .

Offensive ?  Not at all ..

you are absolutely true in all respect !

Thanks a ton !

• Tim Lee must be a pig who eats stool and still feel he is in sync with society.

• Volunteer

Thankyou mata ji , sometimes our intellect make us feel as if our intelligence is higher than devotees

& then Krsna teaches within that everything can not be understood by mere intellect !

This reply was deleted.