Replies

• Hare Krishna...thanx a lot for the valuable info..thanx
        • Volunteer

hare krishna Manoj pr. pamho. agtsp.

I was hearing HH Radhanath Swami Maharajs lecture in which he said that Srimad Bhagavatam simply rejects Dharma, Artha, Kaama, Moksha - religion, Economic development, libration and simply says to follow pure devotional service. You said God has written Kamasutra which i have not heard from any one in ISKCON. However even Kamasutra starts its discussion from dharma, Artha, Kaama and Moksha which is of no concern for a devotee.

you also raised another very important point about marriage with a non devotee and the best thing one can do is to feed Krishna Prasadam and gradually bring them to the lotus feet of Krishna and to follow the restricted sex life as per instructions of SP.

you can download the grahasta manual from the e-books section of this website and read for more details on what kind of sex life a devotee is expected to lead.

Maharaj was also telling in one of the lecture that the desire to hav sex is the the indication of our Envy to Krishna at its highest limit. but if we have sex to bring up Krishna Consciousness children then it is considered to be an offering to the Lord as the child that is born will also be engaged in the loving service of the Lord.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Padmakar Reddy Prabhu,

You got the point prabhu.

We need to be practical. Prabhupada was very practical. Listen to some of His audio (Bhagavadgita) and He clearly says illicit relationship/sex is with someone outside of your marriage.

At the end of the day we need to put our most effort in most productive activity like Sankirtana.

I personally wouldnt waste my energy trying to fight Maya Devi over actions that have little or no value to Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Sankirtana Movement.

• Hare Krishan...

How many time devotee should have sex relation to his wife...Is it written somewhere? One of my friend told me that we should have sex only one time? if someone following dis , is it possible he will get the God..or some1 who is nt following it , did he will nt get the god?? V r in this world due to our parents and spreading God name..if we will nt have child thn who will be in dis world to spreading god since only sexual desire ppl will marry and thier children also be sexually sick..so every devotee shud marry to spread out the God name...Hope it will make sense...Hare Krishna...hv a better marraige life..even to God himself write the Great book of sex known as "KAMASHUTRA"

• HARE KRISHAN SARVOPAMA DASA ,

HERE I READ YOUR COMMENT IN THIS BOX BUT I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO TELL THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR A SINGLE MAN OR WOMAN THAT THEY COMPLETE THEIR VIVAH YAGYA. BECAUSE ONLY THIS YAGYA CAN ESCAPE TO DO GOING ON WRONG WAYS. THIS IS MENTION IN THE 18 TH OF CHAPTER OF SHRIMAD BHAGWAT GEETA.  SO PRABHU JI WE ARE GRIHASTHI WE HAVE TO ALLOW TO SEX  BUT IT MUST BE VERY VERY CONTROL AS ONCE OR TWICE IN A MONTH. BECAUSE WITHOUT SEX THE LOVE GOES OFF BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE. SO SEX IS VERY IMPORTANT IN THE LIFE OF BOTH.

HARE KRISHAN TO ALL  

• Mother urmila has written a book on sex life in KC. you can read that book .
  • Hare Krishna,

I had heard that in spiritual world also there is sex life, but it is in pure consciousness.. Can anyone explain the meaning of it?

• Volunteer
      The word 'sex' is a spiritual world should not be considered literally. It's a metaphorical representation of our spiritual interaction with the supreme soul. Our soul has a certain chakra which emanates hladini shakti that attracts the supreme soul. This interaction is your 'sex' in spiritual world. There is no question of mating as u see in dis material world which is a perverted reflection of d spiritual world. Because soul is devoid of genitals. It is eternally blissful. That divine interaction with Paramatman is far beyond the bodily conception of sex.
      • Volunteer
        Hare Krishna, Padmakar prabhu. If u devotee can't control his urge for sex, how can he be a devotee?? As Tulsidas used to say, 'Jaha kam waha Ram nehi, jaha Ram waha kam nehi'. Light and darkness can't control together. The only way to control urself is to chant d Hare Krishna Mahamantra. Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, what takes u away frm Me is ignorance. Sex takes us away from Krishna, hence Bramhacharya teaches continence and shuns sex. It has hardly got a place in spiritual life of a 'true' devotee. If d couple feels dat after begetting children deir sex desire will increase, den dey better avoid it. But I'm familiar with many such householders who practice Bramhacharya. Srila Prabhupada had children, but den he was a perfect devotee of Krishna, hving no trace of sex-desire. It's all upto u, ur mind. The easier way is to choose d path of absolute celibacy.
        • Volunteer
          Whether its sex with one's wife or illicit sex, it is all abt bodily conception of life which is not d perfect soil where Krishna consciousness can germinate. So better we avoid both (if we desire Krishna).
This reply was deleted.