Selling Srimad Bhagvad Geeta Books

Hare Krishna,

I have been associated with ISKCON since 4-5 years and it is because of the teachings I received from my temple President Prabhu Narottam Das ji and Gita Diploma course by Prabhu Madhusudan Das ji besides books, youtube videos and prasad from ISKCON that I am able to live peacefully while living in a totally materialistic environment. I remain severly stressed due to financial issues in the family. I , therefore, went to bus stand today at 5:00 AM in the morning to sell Srimad Bhagvad Geeta books to make an income but unfortunately couldn't sell any. Selling even 5-10 books a day would solve my problems. What I want to ask is that can anyone guide me which points in the city should I target in order to sell Srimad Bhagavd Gita books?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

It would be better if you could team up with some devotees and go with them initially. Then you will observe and learn.

I agree, 5 am is not the time for book distribution. People who are awake at that time are devotees/ or rushing office/ college goers. Both would not want to be disturbed so early in the morning. Even our temples do not attempt to distribute books at that time.

Please chant your rounds properly before you go out for book distribution.

Mentally depend on guru and gauranga to distribute the book, you are just the medium for Them to shower Their mercy.

In earlier times, foreigners have been able to distribute books on the strength of reading Chaitanya Caritamrta.

Get a guru or Srila Prabhupada to empower you to distribute books. 

Do with service mentality - as a service to the mission ot Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

When you are able ot distribute. offer the results to Srila Prabhupada and the guru parampara.

Be prepared for the unexpected - when you least expect, books get distributed and when you expect, nothing is sold. 

I am sure you will come up with amazing experiences of book distribution. Please share with us here.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krshna Prabhuji,

Thanks you so much for your opinion. Teachings of Srimad Bhagvad Geeta, ISKCON books and videos and PRASAD from Govindas has helped me a lot in transforming my life and face challenges in life which otherwise would not have been possible to face. I would love to work with people who are in a smilar situation as mine by distributing these books and honestly to make an income at the same time is bouble benefit. Thankyou once again.

Vineet

• why are you selling books at 5am? who wants to buy anything at 5am? lol.  If you were to sell at maybe 10-2PM ? People going to work in morning and after going home. Myself I would not buy anything so early neither so late. I still didnt understand how somebody can go around selling books religios or non-religius to people when they are busy going somewhere. You need goto a relaxed place like a park where people are chilling. !

• Thanks for your opinion brother. Will definitely try out your advise and see if I can reach any results.

This reply was deleted.