Second Chances

Why do I feel as if Lord Krishna is laughing at me? I have recently returned to being a devotee again after falling out but now I am trying my best. I read, engage in devotional service and follow the regulative principles. I know how difficult life has been without Krishna as my number one focus. Since going back to the temple many things have happened that has caused me to feel depressed and sad again. I am a 28 year old female and many people have been asking me why am I not married yet. I guess this is making me feel sad. Upon returning to the temple I have realised how my life would have been if I had only stayed and not left 5 years ago. Will Krishna give me another chance and restore my life according to how it suppose to have been if I had remained the devotee I was 5 years ago? I feel like a fool for leaving, I truly regret it.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• O Prabhu,

In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna assures Arjuna, who had similar doubts, that progress made in Krishna consciousness is not lost.

"The unsuccessful yogi, after many, many years of enjoyment on the planets of the pious living entities, is born into a family of righteous people, or into a family of rich aristocracy." (6.41)

"Or [if unsuccessful after long practice of yoga] he takes birth in a family of transcendentalists who are surely great in wisdom. Certainly, such a birth is rare in this world." (6.42)

"On taking such a birth, he revives the divine consciousness in his previous life, and he again tries to make further progress in order to achieve complete success, O son of Kuru." (6.43)

"By virtue of the divine consciousness of his previous life, he automatically becomes attracted to the yogic principles - even without seeking them. Such an inquisitive transcendentalist stands always above the ritualistic principles of the scriptures." (6.44)

"And when a yogi engages himself with sincere endeavor in making further progress, being washed of all contaminations, then ultimately, achieving perfection after many, many births of practice, he attains the supreme goal." (6.45)

Krishna knows you are sincerely trying to make further progress, and He will only help you to do this because He wants it even more than you do.

Prabhu, not one second spent thinking about Krishna will go to waste. Krishna will remember everything you have done for Him, even though you may forget all that He has done for you.

Hare Krishna
    Peace and love
  • Hare Krishna,

Nice to hear that you have come back to Krishna Consciousness. We leave the mission, when we have not invested in our faith for Krishna and that faith can be maintained by hearing the lectures and participating in service.

Dont regret for not be in touch with Krishna for 5 years, but feel happy that Krishna still loves you, so now do bhakti with more vigour and enthusiasm.

your servant

Ashish k

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna dear Karen mataji,

PAMHO.

Welcome back. Krsna is smiling at you, because He is happy you decided to come back - not mocking you. You have mentioned reading, service and regulative principles - pls add chanting to the list of things you do everyday. One has to chant - that is the main activity prescribed for us. 

If you so desire, pray to Krsna to send you a nice devotee boy whom you can marry. 

Pls use the regret at becoming more focused on KRsna Consciousness and more determined to follow the process. 

Of course you can get back your devotion and much more - only some sincere effort is required.

Pls do be in touch.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.