Science and God

Does existence of God and scientific theories like evolution, Big Bang related to each other? Did God cause all this? If we go deep in Science we get answers supported by sciencific evidences about how humans came into being? However if we look into scriptures the reasons are completely different. Is God cause of every little living organism on this earth? Appreciate your response as these questions continuously bother me.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Yes, it is possible to accept science as well as follow scriptures which connect us to spirituality. The difference is - we accept scriptures in full and that part of science which we are ok with , and not vice versa. 

For exampls, science is study of matter - what are the elements that earth is  made of, chemical composition of the body, how many stars in the universe etc. 

I take science with a pinch of salt and try to follow scriptures to the full. I am saying try - because I have not reached full surrender, I also get doubts on so many things, but I counter my doubts by telling myself - my knowledge, and sadhana is no perfect, my guru's knowledge and scriptures are. So I will follow my higher authority.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam!

Science is not separate from God/Spirituality but a small sub-set. Material science is easy to understand and lower when compared to "spiritual" science. Going by evolution, existence is merely a "chance" or "probability". It is up to the individual to either believe in this "trivial" number OR scriptures that explain the theory of karma - the reason for "this" life. Again, decoding karma (or tracing the beginning) is beyond the capacity of human mind, so we are asked to "Surrender" to the lord, Sri Krishna! Scriptures provide complete rationale of existence (which is "beyond" the body & the mind). Theory of evolution stops with body & mind and it is irrational.

Please read Bhagavad Gita and understand the fundamentals of "Aatma" (Jivaatma/soul) tatva. The "knowledge" will not be complete unless we accept the lord and surrender unto him.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya! Om Namo Narayanaya!

• Hare Krishna! Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate  "Theory of evolution stops with body & mind and it is irrational." ? 

• Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam! 'Material' science does not account for 'Soul' and it considers only the body & mind as 'self'. So there is no rationale for the differences in this world.

Om Namo Bagavate Vasudevaya! Om Namo Narayanaya!

This reply was deleted.