SB 6.15.12- 15 and SB 10.86.17-18

1) SB 6.15.12- 15 - O great souls, I have heard that among the great and perfect persons wandering the surface of the earth to instruct knowledge to people covered by ignorance are Sanat-kumāra, Nārada, Ṛbhu, Aṅgirā, Devala, Asita,Apāntaratamā [Vyāsadeva], Mārkaṇḍeya, Gautama, Vasiṣṭha, Bhagavān Paraśurāma, Kapila, Śukadeva, Durvāsā, Yājñavalkya, Jātukarṇa and Aruṇi. Others are Romaśa, Cyavana, Dattātreya, Āsuri, Patañjali, the great sage Dhaumya who is like the head ofthe Vedas, the sage Pañcaśikha, Hiraṇyanābha, Kauśalya, Śrutadeva and Ṛtadhvaja. You must certainly be among them.

2)SB 10.86.17 — Pleased with both of them, the Supreme Personality of Godhead mounted His chariot, which Dāruka had brought, and traveled to Videha with a group of sages.
SB 10.86.18 — Among these sages were Nārada, Vāmadeva, Atri, Kṛṣṇa-dvaipāyana Vyāsa, Paraśurāma, Asita, Aruṇi, myself, Bṛhaspati, Kaṇva, Maitreya and Cyavana.

Fight between vrittasura and indra happened in 7th manvatara's first satyayuga. after fight shri shukadeva told about his past birth to parikshit. shri shukadevji appeared in 28th dwapara yuga of 7th manvanatara. my question is if shukadevaji appeared im 28th dwapara then how maharaj chitraketu knows about srila shukadeva goswamiji also please explain about 2) ?

hare krishna !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• sb 1.3.21 after this from parashara muni and satyavati lord appeared in the form of vyasadeva. we all know that he appeared in past dwapara yuga as satyavati was wife of maharaj shantanu. from the womb of vitika(daughter of javaliki) shri shukadevji appeared. i know there is a vyasa for every dwapara yuga. 27th vyasa was parashara muni and 28th is his son krishna dwaipayana. chitraketu must said about other shukadeva as that time vyasadeva's son shri shukadeva was not present. we have to also accept srila rupa goswami's words that he said that there is a another shuka who's son is gaudpada.
    • We know that story that real Sri Shukadeva Goswami created his replica to have family life and on this way satisfy his father Srila Vyasadeva to stay at home . The real bhagavan rishi Sukadeva Goswami went to forest. That story didnt directly mentioned in Bhagavatam, but its mentioned in comments of Srila Prabhupada.

Anyway, we are all talking about real one Shuka, not the replica created by his mystic power.

•  thanks for this info prabhuji . srila rupa goswami said he was another person i.e chaya shuka but if prabhupada commented on it then it is truth behind chaya shuka. by all this i.e sb 1.3.2(my recent comments) we can say that maharaja chitraketu must pointed to other shukadeva as in whole history there can be many persons who have same names but vyasadeva's son shukadeva is real one who taught srimad bhagwatam to parikshit and who is param bhagwat.

Hare krishna!

• As you already know, King Citraketu appeared even one life before he would become Vitrasura, on end of the satya yuga :

SB 6.10.16Thereafter, at the end of Satya-yuga and the beginning of Tretā-yuga, a fierce battle took place between the demigods and the demons on the bank of the Narmadā.
    SB 6.10.17-18O King, when all the asuras came onto the battlefield, headed by Vṛtrāsura, they saw King Indra carrying the thunderbolt and surrounded by the Rudras, Vasus, Ādityas, Aśvinī-kumāras, Pitās, Vahnis, Maruts, Ṛbhus, Sādhyas and Viśvadevas. Surrounded by his company, Indra shone so brightly that his effulgence was intolerable to the demons.

Its obvious that Sri Shukadeva Goswami appeared before King Citraketu, because mentioned by him :

SB 6.15.10King Citraketu said: You have both come here dressed like avadhūtas, liberated persons, just to cover your identities, but I see that of all men, you are the most elevated in awareness. You know everything as it is. Therefore you are the greatest of all great personalities.
    SB 6.15.11Brāhmaṇas who are exalted to the position of Vaiṣṇavas, the most dear servants of Kṛṣṇa, sometimes dress like madmen. Just to benefit materialists like us, who are always attached to sense gratification, and just to dissipate our ignorance, these Vaiṣṇavas wander on the surface of the globe according to their desire.
    SB 6.15.12-15O great souls, I have heard that among the great and perfect persons wandering the surface of the earth to instruct knowledge to people covered by ignorance are Sanat-kumāra, Nārada, Ṛbhu, Aṅgirā, Devala, Asita, Apāntaratamā [Vyāsadeva], Mārkaṇḍeya, Gautama, Vasiṣṭha, Bhagavān Paraśurāma, Kapila, Śukadeva, Durvāsā, Yājñavalkya, Jātukarṇa and Aruṇi. Others are Romaśa, Cyavana, Dattātreya, Āsuri, Patañjali, the great sage Dhaumya who is like the head of the Vedas, the sage Pañcaśikha, Hiraṇyanābha, Kauśalya, Śrutadeva and Ṛtadhvaja. You must certainly be among them.
    So, your information that Sri Shuka appeared in dwapara yuga is illogical, except if he appeared in dwapara of previous catur yugas.
    Srimad Bhagavatam is perfect, there is no need for other sorces which lead to confusions.
    • yes srimad bhagwatam is perfect but actually vyasadeva appeared in recent dwapara yuga. he is son of parashara and matsyagandha i.e satyavati who lived in the past dwapara. shukadeva born from womb of vyasadeva's wife. srila rupa goswami mentioned about other shuka deva(chaya-shuka) in mayavad ki jivani book.maybe chitraketu mentioned his i.e chaya shuka's name.

• -Brahma

-Vasishta

-Shakti

-Parashara

-Vyasa

-Shuka

Many catur yugas (satya,treta,dwapara,kali) were past since Sri Brahma was born.

In this short genealogical line, non of them was born in present catur yuga.

Thats my opinion based on mentioned quotes from Srimad Bhagavatam.

Hare Krishna.

• yes prabhuji you are right but time of vrittaasura's past birth is totally different than that time of shukadevaji. i believe in mahaprabhu's words that shrimad bhagwatam is Amala purana. i dont have doubt about bhagwatam's authenticity but sometimes we need explanation on such incidents or statements.
    hare krishna!!
  • Generally , as the King Parikshit made questions, Sri Shuka was speaking and gradually in this way,

bhagavatam was said and written. 

Also we should keep this in mind, that in Srimad Bhagavatam we have three conversations :

1-Between Sri Shuka and King Parikshit

2-Between sri Maitreya rishi and Sri Vidura

3-Between Sri Suta( Brigu rishi son )and group of sages headed by Sri Shaunaka 

Considering all that, generally, Srimad Bhagavatam is not spoken or written chronologically.

Anyway, Its worth mentioning that some stories are spoken chronologically,

especially Krishna child past times from the 10th canto.

This reply was deleted.