Replies

• Prabhu; One has to understand the Parampara system well and follow the path of previous Acaryas. Although there seem to be ever so many processes in Vedic texts ; people in KCon have to adhere to Transcendental Scriptures as delineated by the prior Gurus in the Gaudiya Parampara and Srila Prabhupada has very clearly outlined such principles. Do get in touch with the nearest ISKCON / Gaudiya Mutt and try to understand the process outlined therein

Read More...

• hare krsna.
    fasting or any kind of vrat is mainly depend on our bhav if we want to progress in kc and we only have this desire then any fasting can b done.. but gernally people do fasting for material desire...
    so its totally depend on u
  • Volunteer

Hare Krishna! 

I would assume yes, however, this depends on the mentality of the person taking part in the puja. 

Whenever I am doing any type of Puja - Lakshmi Puja, Hanuman Jayanti Puja, Shiva Ratri Puja, Satyanarayan Puja, etc. - I always keep one thing in mind and convey that to be my desire -- being able to progress in bhakti and help others progress too. 

During the month of Sravana, my parents have told me to fast for four mondays to get mercy from Lord Shiva, and I make sure that if Lord Shiva is pleased with me that the boon he gives is being able to progress in bhakti and help others progress. 

But a proper answer to your question - Lord Narayana is non different from Krishna, so yes, if one is sincere about KC then I don't see a reason why one cannot progress in KC -- but again, mentality is key. 

This reply was deleted.