Replies

• thanx a lot Siddhartha prabhu and Ashish prabhu for your kind suggestions.

your servant

debobrata

• Hare Krishna.........dandavat to all devotees along with Ashwani prabhu & Siddhartha prabhu.

thanx a lot for your advice.

• Ashwani Prabhu,

as far our Durga puja is concerned, we do not promote any meat eating or other tamasic rituals.

the Sankalp that use to be taken that is also in favour to earn Krishna Bhakti. we use to worship her in the name of Devi Yogamaya.........having tilak on Her forehead, Tulsimala on Her neck & japamala in Her hand. we also use to serve the prasad of Krishna to Durga Devi........but the thing is, our family tradition is that all the male members of our family use to perform the rituals of the puja & worship Her.

Smarta pandits are not invited for performing the Puja.

now, my question is that.........myself being only a boy child i also have to perform this puja........is it a offence for me as being a devotee of Krishna.

please reply prabhujis and matajis..............dandavat to all devotees .....Hare Krishna

• Hare Krishna debobrata bhattacharya prabhuji

atah pumbhir dvija-shreshtha
        varnäshrama-vibhägashah
        svanushthitasya dharmasya
        samsiddhir hari-toshanam

(SB 1.2.13)

O best among the twice-born, it is therefore concluded that the highest
        perfection one can achieve by discharging the duties prescribed for one’s own
        occupation according to caste divisions and orders of life is to please the
        Personality of Godhead.

Prabhuji, the only purpose of our any work is to satisfy Krishna ,nothing else. If your family tradition is meeting this purpose then you can do it but if it do not satisfy Krishna then it has no meaning.

I won't say that you must not leave your family tradition but if it serves Krishna then okay otherwise you should leave it because it is waste .Vaishnavas don't have enough time to do other rituals ,their every moment is meant for serving Krishna in one way or other.

I hope you understand.

your servant

Ashish

• hare krishna ..........ashish prabhu

thanx for your advice.........but prabhu will u plz say that the process that we follow is right or wrong?

• debobrata bhattacharya prabhu

The process you follow for worshipping Mata Durga is good. We should offer demiGods Krishna prasad. that is the best way.Firstly Krishna must be worshiped.And the purpose to worship demiGods should be to get Krishna's mercy. Since you follow that ,so it is good way.

But in our Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition Devi Subhadra,who is Goddess Durga, is worshipped during Durga Puja. Since she is Krishna's sister so ,pleasing her pleases Krishna.

I don't say that worshiping Durga ji is wrong. It is prescribed in Vedic scriptures but for vaishnavas only Krishna is everything.

your servant

Ashish

• hare krishna.........dandavat pranam Siddhartha prabhu....thanx a lot........but prabhu plz say, should i worship them??

we have ancestral Durga puja in our house.......family members are not ready to stop the puja.......plz suggest prabhu wat should i do??

This reply was deleted.