sankarashana's expansion maha-vishnu

'From second Sankarshana comes Maha-Vishnu - the first purusa-avatara.'

how can maha-vishnu is expansion of sankarshna ? as sankarshna is shvet in color and krishna is shyam and maha-vishnu is also shyam in varna as explained in bhagwatam then how one can believe or it is almost impossible to believe that maha-vishnu is expansion of sankarshna but yes lord ananta or shesha who is also resides in karna ocean is expansion of sankarshana. my friend because of this doesnt believe in iskcon and also i am not able to explain him. by the way i am not like him..i like srila prabhupada's books specially krsna book. but because of this i am also confused. please someone explain me about this topic.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In the transcendental atmosphere (para-vyoma), where spiritual majesty preponderates, there is present Śrī Nārāyaṇa who is not different from Kṛṣṇa. Mahā-Saṅkarṣaṇa, subjective plenary facsimile of the extended personality of Śrī Nārāyaṇa, is also the divine plenary portion of the propagatory embodiment of Śrī Kṛṣṇa

http://www.vedabase.com/en/bs/5/10

CC Ādi 5.40In that spiritual sky, on the four sides of Nārāyaṇa, are the second expansions of the quadruple expansions of Dvārakā.
    CC Ādi 5.41Vāsudeva, Saṅkarṣaṇa, Pradyumna and Aniruddha constitute this second quadruple. They are purely transcendental.
    CC Ādi 5.42There [in the spiritual sky] the personal feature of Balarāma called Mahā-saṅkarṣaṇa is the shelter of the spiritual energy. He is the primary cause, the cause of all causes.
    CC Ādi 5.48That Saṅkarṣaṇa, who is transcendental pure goodness, is a partial expansion of Nityānanda Balarāma.
    CC Ādi 5.51Outside the Vaikuṇṭha planets is the impersonal Brahman effulgence, and beyond that effulgence is the Kāraṇa Ocean, or Causal Ocean.
    CC Ādi 5.55In that ocean lies a plenary portion of Lord Saṅkarṣaṇa. (Maha Vishnu)
    In Kṛṣṇaloka is a transcendental place known as Śvetadvīpa or Vṛndāvana. Below Kṛṣṇaloka in the spiritual sky are the Vaikuṇṭha planets. On each Vaikuṇṭha planet a four-handed Nārāyaṇa, expanded from the first quadruple manifestation, is present. The Personality of Godhead known as Śrī Balarāma in Kṛṣṇaloka is the original Saṅkarṣaṇa (attracting Deity), and from this Saṅkarṣaṇa expands another Saṅkarṣaṇa, called Mahā-saṅkarṣaṇa, who resides in one of the Vaikuṇṭha planets. By His internal potency, Mahā-saṅkarṣaṇa maintains the transcendental existence of all the planets in the spiritual sky, where all the living beings are eternally liberated souls. The influence of the material energy is conspicuous there by its absence. On those planets the second quadruple manifestation is present.

Note: - Truth is known only through revelation of scriptures, not by speculation {śāstra-yonitvāt vedanta sutra 1.1.3} 

Still, if we use reasoning of color that sankarshna is shvet, and maha-vishnu is shyam then i will say how come balrama is shvet, if krishna is shyam ?? so for this reason these statement are not applicable in explaining truth. Logic is limited

• CC Ādi 5.55 — In that ocean lies a plenary portion of Lord Saṅkarṣaṇa. (Maha Vishnu)

in my opinion if there is no clear statement that he is sankarshana's expansion then this verse is also saying that in that ocean lies a planery portion of lord sankarsha i.e lord shesha or ananta who is mentioned in bhagwatam chapter 89.

i accept the color changes in every ages(yuga). but if maha-vishnu is sankarshana's expansion then how his another expansion lord shesha can serve his own expansion in karana ocean ? sorry if my questions bothering you. hare krishna !!

• Hare Krsna,

Please check purport of Brahma Samhita 5.10

http://www.vedabase.com/en/bs/5/10

This is from another english translation for same purport of Brahma Samhita

SrI Näräyana, Sri Krsna’s personal expansion, who is non-different from Him, reigns gracefully in the Vaikuëöha realm of the spiritual sky, wherein transcendental opulence predominates. The Mahä-Saìkarñaëa of His quadruple expansion is also a partial expansion of Çré Baladeva, Çré Kåñëa’s first pastime expansion. By the influence of the inconceivable potency, that Mahä-Sankarsana in the form of His partial expansion Käraëodakaçäyé Mahä-Visnu eternally reposes in Virajä, which is the borderline between the conscious and unconscious realms. From there He glances toward mäyä, which is the remotely situated shadow of the spiritual potency.

From these 3 sources we can conform it is Maha-Vishnu

• i got it. thank you prabhuji !! for clearing my doubts. hare krishna !! 

• in bhagwatam or krsna book it is mentioned - Mahä-Visñu, was as dark as a new cloud in the rainy season
    • You need to say where actually is written ? 

Anyway as i already said, only Sri Krishna is blackish like a dense cloud.

• its here SB 10.89.54-56 — Arjuna then saw the omnipresent and omnipotent Supreme Personality of Godhead, Mahā-Viṣṇu, sitting at ease on the serpent bed. His bluish complexion was the color of a dense rain cloud, He wore a beautiful yellow garment, His face looked charming, His broad eyes were most attractive, and He had eight long, handsome arms. His profuse locks of hair were bathed on all sides in the brilliance reflected from the clusters of precious jewels decorating His crown and earrings. 

•  Because dvapara yuga was in that moment, Maha Visnu changed his complexion to bluish :

SB 11.5.27 — In Dvāpara-yuga the Supreme Personality of Godhead appears with a dark blue complexion, wearing yellow garments. The Lord’s transcendental body is marked in this incarnation with Śrīvatsa and other distinctive ornaments, and He manifests His personal weapons.

-In satya yuga He has white complexion :

SB 11.5.21 — In Satya-yuga the Lord is white and four-armed, has matted locks and wears a garment of tree bark. He carries a black deerskin, a sacred thread, prayer beads and the rod and waterpot of a brahmacārī.

-Maybe someone can say that Lord  Maha Vishnu never change His color because His color is eternal like all His body and ornaments.

-Eternal colors are eternal, just  one is not visible at one time and its visible in another. Its obvious that He changing His eternal complexions based on universal time. 

-When Sri Krishna appeared in bluish color, in that moment all Vishnus  changed to bluish, because they are One, even if its seems they are many. This is my personal explanation .

• hare krishna prabhuji !!

if he is krishna's expansion then why it is also said that he is sankarshana's expansion ? also why there is need of two expansion at same time or at same place i.e in karana ocean ? and why lord shesha will serve his own expansion ? he is servent of his lord krishna/vishnu only.

i 100% trust on shrimad bhagwatam but there is no mention of sankarshana's expansion is maha-vishnu that's why im asking this all.

kshirodakshayi or palanhar bhagwan is swayam shri krishna as in bhagwatam narada muni says to palanhar vishnu as -  aap swayam devkinandan shri krishna he(you're self devkinandan sri krishna(i dont remember the exact chapter but there it is mentioned ) and in puranic stories there is no mention of this types of colors or wearing other garments other than pitamber. there are many stories like samudra manthan,vamana maybe sb 11.5.21 is referring to this one,gajendra moksh,and many more..

pls dont mind if any word is harmful in any way as my english is not good.

hari bol !!

• Sometimes it seems that even scriptures contradict them self, but they dont , because by looking with transcendental vision 1+1 is 1. On another side, looking on this things from the aspect of person in material illusion , who lives and thinks in the square of ME and MINE, 1+1 will be 2. 

When one fully understands that millions of Lords names and forms is actually manifestation of ONE Supreme Person, then can see that such statements doesnt contradict each other.

Therefore only devotee who sow the truth can fully understand such transcendental knowledge. Such devotee, completely liberated is never confused and see the same Lord in every living entity , including himself. 

This reply was deleted.