sandhu saang

Hi everyone

I was just reading Lila Amrita. Just reading it gives one goose bumps. How much did Prabupada ji (PPJ) struggle? One cannot compare their own struggles for attaining the supreme with what PPJ did. I see his struggle and then compare to all the good facilities I have and to be fair, the world is a more degraded place then it was at his time. But to be fair to him – the technology is more. In a city like Sydney, I have found it very difficult to find devotees. I visit the temple quiet often but am unable to find someone who I can share ideas with, talk to, rather it is more about attending the daily Aarti’s. I have read many books and feel sandhu saang is the next step for me and am unable to find this? Have approached many people and have been told to keep visiting the temple and attend when speakers come. I am looking for practical association and the exact process by which I can get more inside Krishna consciousness in a step by step way. I use Lila Amrita’s energy to realize that to reach Krishna, struggle is a must and by reading other great sages that we get the energy to keep going. In this material world we have to compare ourselves with our people’s struggle in order for us to feel good or better about ourselves. I know this is not right.

I see on one hand I am in a great county where a lot of my needs are provided for and yet the association bug is dry. Yet when I read Lila Amrita I see that PPJ is travelling to so many cities, living virtually homeless and although he has a strong association, he does not have the facilities to reach his goal which is so deeply planted in his heart. So the longing for something is always present whether it be him or us. I see that now he has planted this institution for which we are all a products of, we still feel longing that we ourselves are incomplete. Our life for our time and his life for his time is so complicated, filled with obstacles, unsureness and uncondusive environments. Yet I keep saying to myself that keep to the Gita as now matter what is said before or after, this is the truth. And that will always remain. But it is hard with no bhakt association, family obligations, medical issues and this world where the environment promotes verbal arguing to get your point of view across at any cost. The principles of the gita are the truth which everyone knows at heart, or at notable times like emergencies and death but nobody is willing to practice it and devote time to it as it gets in the way of pride, comfort, normality and their self image.

Anticipating association. I think souls can help each other out as they are aware of the these times at present and also of the goals to be reached. By doing this offer service to Krishna and also give back what their spiritual masters must have given them at some point in time.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Thank you for this post. You have very nicely shared what is going on in your mind - which I am certain is happening in other people's minds also. They may be unable to express it properly.

I understand that by reading Srila Prabhupada's (SP) life, you are getting inspired and now long for sadhu sang. Very natural thing to happen. You should visit your local ISKCON temple regularly - atleast every weekend and attend the darshan arati, morning Srimad Bhagawatam lecture, read Gita yourself. This will itself give a lot of energy.

To understand Krsna Consciousness step by step, it would be a good idea to read all books written by SP systematically. You can ask questions when you have doubts in this forum, or simply continue to read. The answers will come to you somehow, if you are a sincere seeker. There are manuals of Bhakti Vriksha whihc are also very good systematic guide to advance in KC, see if you can lay your hands on them.

Now regarding SP hankering for opening temples or increasing preaching and our hankering, there is a lot of difference. SP is not hankering for anything for his personal gain. By the time he left this world, he had opened 108 temples across the world, had places all over the world, but still there was not a farthing in his name. Everything belonged to ISKCON. He didnt give ISKCON as an hierloom to his family. He only desired everything for the pleasure of Krsna, whereas we always desire everything for our own pleasure. That is the difference. His hankering was curing him and us of material hankering, whereas ours only increases our hankering for more and more. 

Regarding the struggle he had to face, it is a lesson - how with nothing in hand, one retired old man could create a world wide organisation. He only had harinaam with him and the lord helped him in every step. It teaches us to depend on lord for everything - material or spiritual. 

The trick is to apply Gita in our daily lives such that it integrates into our life effortlessly. Then praying or leading a life where spirituality is dominant will come naturally to us - we will not have to make any effort towards it.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Dear Mata ji,

Thanks you for advice.

I realize what your saying about surrounding myself with literature. I am looking for association but am unable to find it. Books and visiting the temple cannot be a substitute for association. It says in the BG as well that once you get a certain level, you need association to move forward.

I am not saying SP was hankering. I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that longing and struggle are present in all our activities as part of our human existence. For me it is to find association and for SP it was to go back and fourth from Mathura to Delhi, getting the books printed, waiting for the printer to realign the presses and so much more. Even when he reached the states, to get money and bhakts to come over was a real struggle. He was rejected many times by Indian benefactors. No doubt he was doing it for Krishna as I am too. Yes, he was doing everything for Krishna whereas I am just doing one activity. The point is, whether it SP or us, human existence comes with struggle, whether it be for material gain or spiritual, it doesn't make a difference.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Hare Krishna

Peter

Is there any telephone support available, I don't mind calling from Australia?

• Chant Chant' Chant
This reply was deleted.