rules for wearing tulsi mala

hare krishna to all,

i have some queries which are there in my mind and i am not getting satisfactory answers about some of the facts of wearing tulsi mala.

1. can we always wear tulsi mala like in washroom or any other forbidden place.

2. as i am married so can the mala be worn when i am with my wife.

3. with the mala i have a very beautiful tulsi wrist band, can i wear that also.

please would require guidance from all you enlightened souls.

abhay

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Tulsi beads are worn on the neck, once worn they are not removed. It is said that once we wear the tulsi beads, it symbolises that we owe our allegience to Lord Hari (we are Vaishnava). It symbolises the difference between a stray dog and a pet dog. I know a lot of people will start objecting - it means that suppose we see a dog with a collar on the road, but cannot see its master, still the collar symbolises that the dog has a master. Therefore at the end of our life, Yamadutas will not come to fetch us, Vishnu dutas will come to fetch us.

To answer your questions, Answer to 1 and 2 are yes. Regarding having tulsi wrist band, honestly I am not aware - looks fine to me. Dont know any shastra behind it - my personal opinion is you can wear it.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare Krishna ,

I have been chanting 12-16 rounds for quite a few months on neem mala, following the 4 regulations, hear regularly, read Srimad Bhagavatam regularly, and Bhagavad gita, associate with devotees 2 times a week on online class.

my family is not so devotionally inclined, so although I want to give up Onion and Garlic I can't and If I rebel they won't allow me to chant also or maybe stop my devotional activities

However, I long to chant on tulsi beads, not just because everyone is chanting but I know she is a great devotee of the lord and will bless and assist me in chanting

Can I chant on tulsi mala or should I keep praying to the Lord to let me have an Onion and Garlic-free life?

I will wear the neck mala after giving up onion and garlic

Please Help

• thanks a lot mataji

This reply was deleted.