regarding belive on god

hare krishna prabhu ji,i have very much doubt about god.i am sometimes worship but since my heart does not allow to worship like chanting ,reading gita,bhagawatam.when i am watching serial,and about other religion .then due to these book have not scientific prove.i am very upset.argument of these book is looking like similar in real life.i have lot of doubt .some iskcon prabhu ji are not giving appropriate answer so please help me.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• think u prabhu ji,
    you are replying my doubt.
    what ever i said about my situation is not allow to worship or serve god.
    death is true but when no any sign of death one evil ghost on my father said that you will dye from that time my father want to live in this world. he worship to god faithfuly .mahamirtunjaya mantra was going on. many people wish to god. but after some times cancer was appear .and in the aikadadi, he is expired.
    no one stop.what is the importence of wish when nothing is happen.aikadasi is times for god.but still god not able to save.
    many heart was broked.
    my grandmother is still so sorry.i want to talking about heart not argument that soul is never dye .only body is change.
    we are brahman . i am worshiping god from childhood .after prasad(bhog) we are eating.i think it is blindness i never argument only believe only worshiping

i think we wish something means it should be fullfill.because god is so kind.

my friend have taken too much money.i said to god that it is gog responsibility to get return.
    only based on believe i give him .but i never get back.
    and many more
    i wish that when i would get placed in any company .then i will chant 16 round mahamantra for lifetime.
    i think this is extreme only for one job. but still i am not getting.
    my believe,my heart is broken.

when i manipulate my personal experience i never find any mercy .

i have some desire and some need, i cant stop it. i am not blaming god but what ever written in script are not happening i try to do like- many durga mantra,bhagawatam etc.
    in durga sapsaty written maa durga is real god from them vishnu, siv, parvati,lakshmi etc are coming,
    in shiv puran shiv is real god he is only god.
    islam and other script is saying different.
    planatery portion swarga,nark,prithvi,patal etc. there position is different from different scripture and science said something else.
    yoga and meditation said something else
    so much confusing

when i think calmly and carefully i found that someone have something written these have no prove.but very powerfull arguement .

i also try to experience and realize . but i never realize that is helping me.

i realize that all are false.
    it is my own idea because i am so diverting.
    so that i am so upset
    so please prabhu ji help me to know reality.
    i want to realize mercy not outside but from heart.
    i want response from heart.
    • On the Spiritual stratums Krishna can close the gap between your father's awairness & your own. Krishna is not limated.
    • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Choubey ji,

PAMHO.

Sorry, I think my post was too harsh for you.

What I was trying to do was - a lot of times our mind plays tricks on us and makes us do things which are easy, may not be right. At such times, we use our intelligence to subdue the mind and make it do the right thing.

I understand you are very hurt after your father's sudden demise and are looking for answers. That is very natural. You are not able to get any appropriate answer prabhuji. That answer is there in Gita - if you can read with a calm mind.

Like I mentioned in my last post, when we will be born and when we will die is as per our past karma. Maybe that ghost attack was also pre ordained. What has happened has happened prabhu. We have no option but to accept and move ahead. 

Prabhu, where it is mentioned that when we wish something, it should be fulfilled? Nowhere prabhu. We should not wish anything from the lord. We should wish to serve the lord, instead of expecting Him to serve us by fulfilling our wishes. I understand that in the same situation, I would have also wished that my father is cured. But I cannot hold God responsible if he is not. 

You said to God it is His responsibility to return the money taken by your friend  - did you ask Him at the time of giving the loan? Did God say, yes I will help you get the money back? No na. How can we conveniently transfer the responsibility to God? Is it right prabhu? Suppose I give a loan to someone and ask you to retrieve it for me - would you do it?

I think you have led a very pious life so far, but you have not acquired knowledge, that is why your faith is so weak. Prabhu, having a little bit of knowledge helps in keeping the faith firm. Now only you have started to ask questions - if you are a little patient, we will try to answer all of them to the best of our ability, then you can decide.

I will write the rest later - am a little busy.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• SB 11.23.42The brāhmaṇa said:

These people are not the cause of my happiness and distress. Neither are the demigods, my own body, the planets, my past work, or time. Rather, it is the mind alone that causes happiness and distress and perpetuates the rotation of material life.

SB 11.23.43The powerful mind actuates the functions of the material modes, from which evolve the different kinds of material activities in the modes of goodness, ignorance and passion. From the activities in each of these modes develop the corresponding statuses of life.
      SB 11.23.44Although present along with the struggling mind within the material body, the Supersoul is not endeavoring, because He is already endowed with transcendental enlightenment. Acting as my friend, He simply witnesses from His transcendental position. I, the infinitesimal spirit soul, on the other hand, have embraced this mind, which is the mirror reflecting the image of the material world. Thus I have become engaged in enjoying objects of desire and am entangled due to contact with the modes of nature.
      SB 11.23.45Charity, prescribed duties, observance of major and minor regulative principles, hearing from scripture, pious works and purifying vows all have as their final aim the subduing of the mind. Indeed, concentration of the mind on the Supreme is the highest yoga.
      SB 11.23.46If one’s mind is perfectly fixed and pacified, then tell me what need does one have to perform ritualistic charity and other pious rituals? And if one’s mind remains uncontrolled, lost in ignorance, then of what use are these engagements for him?
      SB 11.23.47All the senses have been under the control of the mind since time immemorial, and the mind himself never comes under the sway of any other. He is stronger than the strongest, and his godlike power is fearsome. Therefore, anyone who can bring the mind under control becomes the master of all the senses.
      SB 11.23.48Failing to conquer this irrepressible enemy, the mind, whose urges are intolerable and who torments the heart, many people are completely bewildered and create useless quarrel with others. Thus they conclude that other people are either their friends, their enemies or parties indifferent to them.
      SB 11.23.49Persons who identify with this body, which is simply the product of the material mind, are blinded in their intelligence, thinking in terms of “I” and “mine.” Because of their illusion of “this is I, but that is someone else,” they wander in endless darkness.
      SB 11.23.50If you say that these people are the cause of my happiness and distress, then where is the place of the soul in such a conception? This happiness and distress pertain not to the soul but to the interactions of material bodies. If someone bites his tongue with his own teeth, at whom can he become angry in his suffering?
      SB 11.23.51If you say that the demigods who rule the bodily senses cause suffering, still, how can such suffering apply to the spirit soul? This acting and being acted upon are merely interactions of the changeable senses and their presiding deities. When one limb of the body attacks another, with whom can the person in that body be angry?
      SB 11.23.52If the soul himself were the cause of happiness and distress, then we could not blame others, since happiness and distress would be simply the nature of the soul. According to this theory, nothing except the soul actually exists, and if we were to perceive something besides the soul, that would be illusion. Therefore, since happiness and distress do not actually exist in this concept, why become angry at oneself or others?
      SB 11.23.53And if we examine the hypothesis that the planets are the immediate cause of suffering and happiness, then also where is the relationship with the soul, who is eternal? After all, the effect of the planets applies only to things that have taken birth. Expert astrologers have moreover explained how the planets are only causing pain to each other. Therefore, since the living entity is distinct from these planets and from the material body, against whom should he vent his anger?
      SB 11.23.54If we assume that fruitive work is the cause of happiness and distress, we still are not dealing with the soul. The idea of material work arises when there is a spiritual actor who is conscious and a material body that undergoes the transformation of happiness and distress as a reaction to such work. Since the body has no life, it cannot be the actual recipient of happiness and distress, nor can the soul, who is ultimately completely spiritual and aloof from the material body. Since karma thus has no ultimate basis in either the body or the soul, at whom can one become angry?
      SB 11.23.55If we accept time as the cause of happiness and distress, that experience still cannot apply to the spirit soul, since time is a manifestation of the Lord’s spiritual potency and the living entities are also expansions of the Lord’s spiritual potency manifesting through time. Certainly a fire does not burn its own flames or sparks, nor does the cold harm its own snowflakes or hail. In fact, the spirit soul is transcendental and beyond the experience of material happiness and distress. At whom, therefore, should one become angry?
      SB 11.23.56The false ego gives shape to illusory material existence and thus experiences material happiness and distress. The spirit soul, however, is transcendental to material nature; he can never actually be affected by material happiness and distress in any place, under any circumstance or by the agency of any person. A person who understands this has nothing whatsoever to fear from the material creation.
      SB 11.23.57I shall cross over the insurmountable ocean of ignorance by being firmly fixed in the service of the lotus feet of Kṛṣṇa. This was approved by the previous great rishis, who were fixed in firm devotion to the Lord, Paramātmā, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who take exclusive shelter of Lord  are  never defeated by obstacles in life, because they experiences the divine happiness of the soul within.

One should never associate with materialists, those dedicated to gratifying their genitals and bellies. By following them one falls into the deepest pit of darkness, just like a blind man who follows another blind man.

Image result for krishna gif

• In a dangerous situation an ordinary person cries, becomes fearful and laments, although such useless emotions do not change the situation, but activities offered to Lord without personal motivation, even if they are externally useless, consider to be true dharma which can change situation.

Karma lows is hard to avoid, but its possible for those who take exclusive shelter at Lord lotus feet.

Blessed are those who live in poverty, who are abandoned from people and rejected from their family, friends and society,  because they have opportunity to  shout Lords name purely, in helpless condition and with tears in the eyes and attain unattainable Lord.

On another side, Brahmanas  who live comfort lives, even if they are  respected sannyasies or acaryas, usually do not have such opportunity despite all their effort.

• hare krishna prabhu ji,
    i want worship god,i want serve god.
    but faith , how i get.
    many times i try to believe but all the times my faith has broken.
    1-my father is very religious people. they have evil spirit. he had been worship around 5 years to god. they have faith .people love my father but
    finally my father expired (through cancer).my father never drink,vegetarian.because we are brahmin. my father never harm anybody.
    2-one my friend take oath of bhagawatam and gita that i will give your money. i belive on god and i give them. at that time i was reading bhagawat gita daily in temple .i have strong believe on god.
    but my belive has broken.
    3-i wish any thing to god i never get.
    now i am very upset.i want worship to god but my heart says no.
    sometimes forcefully i try to worship but at that times i am very upset.
    i have strong faith to god from childhood.my all family is religeous .
    but now, very much confusion i have. i want to know reality.
    i try to understand islam,hindu. but they have without scientific evidence .
    prabhu ji, i have been reading many iskcon book.i have heard al most lecture, i have read almost pdf.
    i heard all probhupada lecture.
    but still i am not satisfy .
    currently i am in final year of b.tech.i need job. i am not want to waste time in religion.otherwise my life will totaly spoiled.
    so please help me.
    i want to realize god power. i want believe.
    i want to know truth .
    i am so confuse i try to know islam,hindu,boudh,sikh.etc and many saint and monk view. i realise that all are false.
    my situation is so worse.also i am not want to waste this live when all are true.
    • Approach chanting like a yoga practice
      Kjust do it properly for an hr or two each day.
      Back strate on your (sitting bones)with simi-dramatic prompt & respect. Then go to work extricating maximum binnafits from it's spontaneous effect of taking your awareness into the "Spiritual stratums"
      This process educates through "direct perception " that Eternity is just a more eternal aspect of truth & of life. Bhaman is that (educational light of Vishnue's darshon./awairness I.E. & Hi's energies of (goodness's potency (s)
    • Hare Krishna Choubey ji,

You have must have strong faith on God. Believe it or not, without his kindness, you can't strengthen your faith on him. Everything you are doing even your broken faith on God is also at his mercy. Pray, chant, surrender yourself to God except 'truth', you are sure to receive 'KRISHNA KRIPA'. God never causes any harm to his any creation, it is our deeds which are responsible for our sorrow and unhappiness. So, Go ahead! God is with you, your success to get a strong belief is just awaiting.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Choudeyji,

PAMHO.

Let me try to answer each of the points raised by you.

Your father had cancer. If you had not believed in God, or if he had been a bad person - smoking, drinking, vices, would he have lived? Would death not come to him? How did you think that because your father died, God does not exist? 

We all are born and die as per our past karma. Everyone who is born has to die. What dies is only the body, the soul lives on, in another body, then another, till the soul reaches back its destination in the spiritual world. There also, the soul lives, has a separate identity, and serves God as per the desire of the soul. 

So what is the problem if your father died? We all will die prabhu, maybe sooner than we realise. 

Your friend has taken money from you and not returned. That is your friend's karma. Just because he took oath on Bhagawatam and Gita, does not make it obligatory on God to go get the money for you. It shows poor faith of your friend. For that, why are you losing faith? What your friend has done is his karma, by losing faith on God and indirectly blaming Him, you are building up karma. What you need to do is -everything reasonable to get the money back, still thinking that it may not come back. If the money comes back to you, its your good luck, else, just think that person needed it more - God arranged for you to be the medium. As for your needing the money, you will get from some other source, much more than what you gave your friend. The lesson to learn is - do not lend money henceforth. Keep your faith.

God is not our order supplier - why is it that our faith on God is dependent on whether He dances to our tunes or not, and not the reverse? Maybe God wants you to work for whatever you are asking for from Him. Maybe the time has not come to give you what you are asking for. Remember always - Gods delays are not Gods denials. 

Now I will ask you some questions - if you were going to temple and reading Gita everyday, why did you stop? When you were reading Gita, did you understand anything ? Did you have any questions or doubts - you can ask them here. 

After hearing Srila Prabhupada's lectures, if you are not convinced, then maybe you should read Srila Prabhupada Lilamtra - when you read the life of a pure devotee, maybe that will give mercy to you and you will get faith in your heart. 

Pls study properly and do everything that is required to do job. At the same time, pls build your faith on God - that is what will carry you through the battle of life. Spirituality is beyond religion - it is to do with the soul. Like we eat food to nourish our bodies, we chant mahamantra to nourish our souls. As I mentioned earlier, we are not the bodies, we are souls living inside the body. Sooner or later, we have to leave the body and go away. Would you invest in the soul or in the body - that you have to decide. Now that you are in the final year of B Tech, would you invest in building a house in your college/ university campus or try to find accomodation outside where you can work also. Same way, invest in the body, do not ignore the soul.

Pls write back if you have any queries.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Radha Rasamayi DD,

Appropriate reply. I believe you have received Lord Krishna kripa.

This reply was deleted.