We feel like Krishna is taking away whatever We have. This is causing doubts in our mind.

Suffering and enjoyment come to us as a result of our past karma. To whatever extent we take shelter of Krishna, to that extent we are released from the reactions to our previous sinful activities.  If you are suffering more now, it is not due to Krishna consciousness.  It is due to your past karma. By becoming Krishna conscious your suffering has been reduced. If you were not Krishna conscious, you would be suffering much more than you are now. Instead of being disturbed by the suffering, accept it as the special mercy of Krishna to help you feel more and more dependent exclusively on Him. If you can see your suffering like this, it will be transformed into transcendental bliss.  It will serve as a springboard to catapult you into the transcendental kingdom of God.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances Daniel Prabhuji, nice to see You again here on IDT after long time!

in the reality i do not understand why we think that there are so many difficulties in the lives of Devotees. i am sure that if some difficulties are there Devotees feel bliss just being thankful to Krishna. Because in those situations we more and more surrender to the will of Krishna.

And in that humble state we will feel the sweetness of the Holy Names which can help us to overcome all lower pains.

Mostly in those situations we can see the hand of Krishna, how He takes care of us by sending some one to help us. He is so merciful. Other times we can not be so observed with what He is doing to us due to being in the mode of passion, but such like difficulties make us to stop for some time and be grateful to Him.

----

And as before we told about sense detractions, it is not only in North America Prabhuji but in Mumbai also. Yesterday when i visited a doctor she gave me a sleeping medicine along with others and i told that for sleeping i don't need anything and she was surprised, "HOW???"

Your servant, 

• Haribol! PAMHO. :-D   

And in that humble state we will feel the sweetness of the Holy Names which can help us to overcome all lower pains.

This is true!  I am very comforted by this. 

• Volunteer

It's seems so convincing and easy to understand. However sometimes these miseries do hamper the devotional service to some extent .

If you are mentally or physically sick , how can you give 100% concentration(assuming 100% is ones own best capability) to Lord Krishna?

I am sure someone would say its a test from Lord Krishna. Even though if it is test , how do we convince ourselves that it's o.k. that we are not able to give 100% concentration(one's won best capability) due to our physical/mental sickness.

Please advise.

You are correct dear Alka Mataji, sometimes such like sufferings especially with body hurts too much and hinders our devotional service. What to speak of thinking of Krishna but we just think of that sickness.

In such like situations i just really cry and beg forgiveness and of course ask Krishna to remove this obstacle. 

"Ok, i did so many mistakes, and now i am getting pain, but please my dear Lord, please forgive me and please help me! i am not able to tolerate it."

We are not Karnas who could tolerate the pain from the scorpion. Just we have to accept our insignificant position and pray for help. It is called an act of surrendering.

Your servant,

• You are absolutely right. His devotees like Sudama and Yudhistira showed others how merciful Lord Krsna is. You go to Him for whatever reason, He'll bestow it.  But only a fool will desire for any material objects.

Srila Prabhupad was classic example of how He empties the pockets of His pure devotees. Prabhupad was left with Rs. 40/- when he went to Boston. He spread the message and made 108 temples and traveled the world extensively for 14 times and one day he finds that Rs. 40/- was still in his pocket, which he spent to travel from Airport to Delhi temple in a taxi.

So, this shows the value of material object. There are people with over 40000 trillions in their pockets, but they can't do even a miniscule of what Prabhupad did for Krsna.

Krsna wants His devotees on top of everything, He's so merciful that He is waiting for our mercy to come back to Him.

But what are we doing here ? we are bothered about our own sufferings and blame Him for material problems after taking up to spirituality.

Prabhupad has said in many lectures that Krsna will not interfere in anyone's personal life, His pious / unpious karma and activities. He's just waiting for us to finish off with our desires and material goals, so that one day we can go back home, Back to Godhead.

Our sufferings, botherations, good times, bad times, everything is based upon our own past deeds.

Out of million devotees, some might be sincerely working towards achieving Krsna Bhakti and out of them, some might be really advancing and out of that, some might be really eligible and out of that, ONLY ONE will really go back HOME.

We need to question ourselves, am I that ONE ?

According to Bhanu Swami Maharaj, a neophyte devotee is bestowed with lot of material happiness when he takes up to chanting mahamantra as a side effect result.

If some of you are experiencing problems in material life, then check the quality of your chanting and take advice from senior devotees on how to chant without offense.

Srila Prabhupada also says if one reads the story of Prthu Maharaj 3 times from Srimad Bhagavatam, then he is bestowed with all material needs and happiness.

So, it is the quality of chanting that is creating problems, not Krsna or taking up to Spirituality. 

• Hare Krishna, PAMHO

AGTSP!

Superb explanation Mataji! I do think of the same thing when I suffer. Yes, I was already going thru a lot of trouble before I came into this movement and now it's doubled if not trebled but as you very rightly said I take it as a blessing than a curse and every bad  passing incident makes my faith in Krsna even more stronger.

your servant. 

• What we have is just handful, which is the result of our whole life's struggle to save something. It is not that Krsna takes away all our material possession, rather He makes us realize that what we had was His and He will give His possession to us when we come to this realization. Comparatively, just think which is the best ? Our handful / His handful ?

• Pious people always come to God for more material enjoyment. They think that their prayers are answered when they are bestowed with what they like has been granted by that particular God. This happens when we are in mode of ignorance and passion. One concludes that God has many forms and serving any form is serving the ultimate one. It is not so according to our Shuddha Dwaitha philosophy. Many acharyas have maintained that we not come to Krsna with material desires. Krsna gives a special mercy to his dear devotees by taking away everything material they have to see if they can withstand and gives education to others.

Either case, it is better to suffer all the difficulties in this life rather than enjoy fruits and sorrow in million births for a permanent spiritual life ahead.

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji.

I dont think Krishna takes away everything from impure devotees like us(but yes...he does it with pure devotees). In this age there are hardly any pure Krishna Conscious devotee who is 100 % pure. If he takes away everything from his devotees then why he bestowed material benefits to Sudama. He could have put him in poverty sticken condition till the end.

Its always seeing glass as half empty or half full. It depends on perception.

• You are absolutely right. His devotees like Sudama and Yudhistira showed others how merciful Lord Krsna is. You go to Him for whatever reason, He'll bestow it.  But only a fool will desire for any material objects.

Srila Prabhupad was classic example of how He empties the pockets of His pure devotees. Prabhupad was left with Rs. 40/- when he went to Boston. He spread the message and made 108 temples and traveled the world extensively for 14 times and one day he finds that Rs. 40/- was still in his pocket, which he spent to travel from Airport to Delhi temple in a taxi.

So, this shows the value of material object. There are people with over 40000 trillions in their pockets, but they can't do even a miniscule of what Prabhupad did for Krsna.

Krsna wants His devotees on top of everything, He's so merciful that He is waiting for our mercy to come back to Him.

But what are we doing here ? we are bothered about our own sufferings and blame Him for material problems after taking up to spirituality.

Prabhupad has said in many lectures that Krsna will not interfere in anyone's personal life, His pious / unpious karma and activities. He's just waiting for us to finish off with our desires and material goals, so that one day we can go back home, Back to Godhead.

Our sufferings, botherations, good times, bad times, everything is based upon our own past deeds.

Out of million devotees, some might be sincerely working towards achieving Krsna Bhakti and out of them, some might be really advancing and out of that, some might be really eligible and out of that, ONLY ONE will really go back HOME.

We need to question ourselves, am I that ONE ?

According to Bhanu Swami Maharaj, a neophyte devotee is bestowed with lot of material happiness when he takes up to chanting mahamantra as a side effect result.

If some of you are experiencing problems in material life, then check the quality of your chanting and take advice from senior devotees on how to chant without offense.

Srila Prabhupada also says if one reads the story of Prthu Maharaj 3 times from Srimad Bhagavatam, then he is bestowed with all material needs and happiness.

So, it is the quality of chanting that is creating problems, not Krsna or taking up to Spirituality. 

This reply was deleted.