READING SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM DAILY

Hare Krishna !!!

I am very interested in reading Srimad Bhagavata on daily basis after reading slokas in sanskrit

& followed by its translation to understand the meaning in detail.I know it is a lenghty procedure

for completing it .I am reading at least 10 slokas daily.In this situation I can complete the entire

srimad Bhagavatam only after 5 years.Is it ok ?.Please advise.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krishna! prsabhu,what i do is to read translation 1st and read original slokas,this proved more effective in understanding the sanskrit  slokas and i suggest you this way,may krishna in the form of bhagavatha bless us.

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji.  All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

Thanks for your valuble advise.I will indeed follow your guidence accordingly.

HARE KRISHNA !!!

Your servant

• Volunteer

if we spend 1-2 hours of reading Bhagavatam regularly then within one year we will read all 10 Cantos. But if we read too slowly then we will loose the connection between stories. 

Also better to read louder so that we could hear.

When we have 2 hours we will read but there will be situations that no time then we have to read at least some pages.

Your servant, 

Thanks for your valuble advise.I will indeed follow your guidence accordingly.

HARE KRISHNA !!!

Your servant.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji. Dandavat Pranam. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

we should not read Bhagavatam with the attitude to complete it quickly rather to relish it. Bhagavatam reading is a success when we will be able to see Krishna visually in every pages of Bhagavatam. So Bhagavtam is eternal and we should relish it daily till the last breath and should not read it just for completing purpose.While climbing the ladder of devotional service one will realize more mature meaning of every shloka in each level. So bhagavtam relishing is ever increasing not time bound.

Your aspiring servant

||Krishna Consciousness is light rest are nescience||

• Hare Krishna,
      Thank you Guruji.I have noted the points mentioned by you.My intention
      is to read Bhagavatam daily & kept one hour daily for the same due to my daily routine work
      so that I can make practice of worshiping Lord Krishna in a very meaniful way.
      But I am unable to finish 1 chapter competeltely in a day.I read some
      where that if Bhagavatam is to be read daily, one chapter needs to be
      completed in a day & do not leave a chapter half way.As I informed
      which is not possible for me daily due to my office work.Please advise
      ...Has any such restriction on reading Srimad Bhagavatam?

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji.Dandavat Pranam. All Glories To Srila Prabhupada

Please don't call me Guruji ,Prabhuji.  It is very nice if we can make time daily to read Srimad Bhagavtam and able to complete 1 chapter.But it is not possible always , so there is no issue if we can't finish the whole chapter in once rather Krishna will be happy if we can relish each and every shloka that we read. we will progress in this way.

yes it is true that it is helpful when we able to complete one chapter in one go because in this way we can get the purport of the whole chapter ,what does it want to convey. But if we can't make time to finish it then also it is no issue. There is no such restriction.

Your aspiring Servant

||Krishna Consciousness is light rest are nescience||

Thank you very much for your instant reply.Due to that my doubts have been fully cleared.

It gives me courage to continue to read Bhagavatam daily without fear on restriction point of view.

HARE KRISHNA !!!

This reply was deleted.