Reading bhagvad Geeta without Guru?

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

Pamho

Dandvat prabhu ji and mata ji 

i read Bhagvad Geeta daily , should i take association of Guru maharaj  and as possible as i recite at least one shalok daily , i realize  that it is very nice practice to improve my spiritual  knowledge , i  feel  that my mind , body and sense  are controled by krishna by blessing of lord krishna i feel peace now days but  chanting mahamantra is only  4 rounds plz guide prabhu ji and mata ji what should i do?  should i continue read bhagvad geeta ?

your servant

Ravi Dewangan

hare krishna  

jai gouranga , jai chaitanya prabhu

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu 

Dandvat Pranam

very nice reply prabhu i accept that all now days i chant 16 round and read bhagvad geeta and prabhupada book also prabhupad is small package of krishna himself  , i need blessing of vaishnav 

Hari bol

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Our spiritual master Srila Prabhupad has written Bhagavad Gita in so simple language that anyone can understand it if he reads by himself. Also the other books of Srila Prabhupad are so simple to understand and full of knowledge. So we can read it ourselves and understand..

• All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

Dandvats Prabhu

we are not so qualify that we understand lord krishna's  and Prabhupada purpot 's and Geeta is not So Simple to everyone  that all depend on our spiritual stage we can understand only word , the word like a urdu we can read and see

but we cant get final conclusion what to do! therefore it is necessary to take association of Guru's and Senior Devotees for getting advantage in spiritual progress, Hari bol

if u realised that u can understand B.G it is symptoms of pure devotion, and help to improve your spiritual knowledge, kindly take me in your association prabhu   My cell No. is 09907441699  

Your Servant

Ravi Dewangan   

• Volunteer

Along with reading, I would like to suggest you to listen to Bhagavadgita lecture by Srila Prabhupada on the verse you are reading that day. Listening, Sravanam is the easiest and primary method of practice of Devotion. You can download mp3s or buy the mp3s very inexpensively.

If you should continue to read Bhagavad gita? It depends. Really!

It depends on whether you are following the instructions of Prabhupada, and all other Acharyas all the way up to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Who Is Krishna Himself. Instruction of Prabhupada and all the Acharyas is the 1st Instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, which is: To perform Sankirtana.

Within our Brahma Madhava Caitanya Sampradaya, Sankirtana Has To BE PERFORMED, because that is the ONLY path for us, as Instructed by Caitanya Mahaprabhu to receive Krishna Prema. (Well, only other way is when you hear someone else perform Sankirtana.)

Intellectual aspects of Bhagavadgita is very interesting to the brain. Many people get stuck here and don't move forward, because it gives them pleasure analyzing, intellectualizing and memorizing and showing off to others how much they have figured God out.

Once Caitanya Mahaprabhu was asked why He goes around (Harinam) Chanting Hare Krishna in the street, when He should be in a nice place studying scriptures like a proper Brahmana. So Caitanya Mahaprabhu told him, that "My Guru Maharaj found Me to be a fool". So, he asked Me to simply Chant the Holy Names of the Hari in the streets.

By this, Caitanaya Mahaprabhu clearly instructing us in many ways, to perform Harinama Sankirtana in the streets. Lets all be fools and follow the instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Vijayate SriKrishna Sankirtanam!!

Please accept my humble obeisance and forgive me if I have offended anyone.

• Hare krishna prabhu

pamho

thanks for all reply prabhu , now i m chanting 16 rounds prabhu its blessing of Guru Maharaz , S.P and and lord krishna, 

hari bol 

Your Servant

Ravi Dewangan 

• Hari nam sankirtan ki jay
        • PAMHO

BG makes our heart pure and helps us to chant.

• Hare krishna 

Dandvats mata ji

• hare krsna

pahmo

prabhu if you just chant thats sufficient  but if you read you can defend yourself the lord says one who preaches this messa--e to others is very dear to himand lord chaitanya mahprabhu says become a spiritual master and whoever you meet say about krsna

hare krsna hare krsnakrsnakrsnahare hare hare ram hare ram ram ramhare hare

• hare krsna

pahmo

keep it up prabhu everythin- is essential for our sp advancement sadhu san-h jnan  then vaira-ya and increase chantin-chant and be happy be determined this life is for krsna

hare krsna

This reply was deleted.