Hare Krsna.... I am thinking of installing radha madhav deity at my home and worship it daily. So i want to know the complete and full information regarding installation process and how to worship the deity on regular basis. plz suggest me so that i can worship my lord. hare krsna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Sorry for not replying to your post earlier. Actually this is one of the most asked questions on this forum and I have answered in great details more than once. If you can just browse through the earlier posts, you will get the information.

It is very very auspicious to have deities in the house, esp if there are dedicated people to take care of them.

Best of luck,

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare krsna mataji,

PAMHO

I browsed many of ur posts, bt failed to get the reply i want. So i humbly reqst u to kindly takesome pain and reply me in details so that i can bring my lord to my home and take care of him dedicatedly. 

It will be better if u start from his installation process, his daily care like waking up from sleep, bathing, clothing,  makeup, worship, offering food, then aratis (morning/evening), den finally his sayan... everything in detail, as i have none to help me...

So i need ur help mataji in this fulfilment of my dream. Hope u will do the nneedful

Haribol,

Krishna's Servant

GOURANGA DEY

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I have to thank you for pulling me out of my laziness. I have heard this from HG Jananivas Prabhuji, and gathered from others. Telling you in as sequential as possible.

Deity worship standard in household can be different from that in temples. This is because in house, deities are like guests and they adjust to the timetable of the hosts. However, in temple, it is Their house. So everything revolves around Them and as per Their requirements. Therefore, it is advisable to keep home deity worship standards as simple as possible. As and when one is comfortable, one should increase the standard of worship. Once increased, one has to maintain that standard of worship and only increase from there.

To bring deities and install in the house, one needs permission from guru (diksha or shiksha). One has to state which deities are being planned to be installed and what is the standard of worship that will be maintained. Only on getting permission, one should bring deities in the house.

Installation process of deities can again be as simple as you want or as elaborate as you can do. I will tell you the elaborate one first. You can call all devotees of your congregation, friends and relatives, set up a muhurta. You have to collect dresses, ornaments for your deities, send invitations, call the local ISKCON temple priests and discuss with them how they will do abhishek of the deities inyour house. Then atleast 56 bhoga should be there for offering. YOu can arrange for some flower devorator to come and decorate the abhishek altar and deity altar for the occassion. You can organise kirtan, abhishek ceremony, abhishek to be done by temple priests and arrange for feast prasadam afterwards for everyone. You can give a take home cake piece to every guest. Before installation, you can take the deities or their photos to your guru or to Mayapur and get them named by your guru/ Mayapur priests. 

Simple way to do installation - with pure and love and devotion, welcome from your heart the deities. Do abhishek of panch items - milk, curd, honey, ghee, sugar in your house, all the while singing mahamantra or swagatam Krsna, suswagatam Krsna. Then dress them and offer flower garland. Offer whatever prasadam you can make for them and distribute to family members.

Setting up altar - it should be ISKCON standard. Radha Krsna deities in the centre, on top, then Jagannath deities picture beside, next level is Nrisimha and Panch Tattva pics, then next level is 6 Goswamis and guru paramapara. Please refer to Beginners Guide by HH Bhakti Vikas Maharaj.

Standard of worship - minimum 2 aratis a day. Now I will give you the ideal - you do what is doable for you. Wake up in the morning at 3.00 to 4.00 am, take bath and do mangalarati. You have to do arati with blowing conch in the beginning, then incense stick, then panch pradeep, then arghya (water in conch), then cloth, then flowers, then whisk (chamar), then peacock feather fan, then fold your hands and offer prayers, then blow conch a second time and sprinkle arghya on everyone. The songs should be as per ISKCON standard - same songs that are sung in the temple at that time. Then do Nrisimha arati (only singing). Then do Tulsi puja, then shikshashtakam, then 10 offences. Then start chanting your rounds.

Then if possible, do darshan arati and guru puja.

Evening do sandhya arati (same paraphernalia) after coming back from office and taking bath.

Everything that is cooked in your kitchen should first be offered to the dieties and only then taken by family members.

Every night, put them to sleep. You can have beds/mattress for them to lie down on or you could simply remove the flowers, flute and crown and put them to sleep. Some people change the dress every night. Some people do sayan arati. Whatever you do, be consistent.

I think my mail has become tooooo long. Thank you for patient reading.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna mataji, 

PAMHO

Heartiest thanks for the detailed information. 

I will definitely serve the lord to the best of my ability. 

Haribol.

Krishna's Gouranga

• Lord Krishna explained that personally to Sri Udhava :

http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/11/27

This reply was deleted.