Haribol, I am a NEWBIE - have started to read the Bhagavad Gita, and I have some questions, if a devotee can answer thiese.
1) What are the Basics of Krishna Conciousness.
2) DESIRE - BG mentions a lot about desire and how to avoid it, but without desire Edison would not have invested light bulb, without desire Prabhupada would not have conquered the west. So Why is "DESIRE" a big villain.?
3) KARMA - still trying to understand this and failing. Why is there MISERY?VIOLENCE. Particularly i want to know about the BG teachings on this. NAZI Concentration Camps, millions were killed, AFRICA a nation full of natural resources is poor, USA with a massive debt bullies the world. How can Karma explain all this.
Will greatly help in understanding this.
Hare Krsna Prabhuji,
Sorry for late reply - to answer your questions
1) Basics of Krsna Consciousness is Chant Hare Krsna and Be Happy. Chant 16 rounds and follow 4 regulative principles.
2) Desire per se is not bad prabhuji - what is important is the purpose behind your desire - is your desire to satisfy yourself or to satisfy Krsna. Prabhupada desired to spread KC throughout the world - for Krsna's, his guru's satisfaction - tahts why that desire is purified and it bore fruit.
3) The world is a place of suffering - everyone is born in this material world to suffer. We suffer because we have forgotten our eternal relationship with the lord. Its a fish out of water situation - how can fish be happy without water. Similarly, how can jivatma be happy wihtout serving the supersoul, that is our eternal position.
Actually the answer is quite elaborate. I am giving short answers. In fact, you should keep these questions with you and see your own answers change as you grow in Krsna Consciousness. That would be interesting.
Pls feel free to ask more questions, or if you didnt understand from these answers, ask more. Its absolutely ok. We would like to answer them.