Question about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu & Sri Isvara Puri

Please Accept My Humble Obeisances.All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.Hare KrsnaPlease forgive me if I have offended anyone by asking this question.Did Sri Isvara Puri know that His disciple Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was the Supreme Personality of Godhead?This question lingered in my mind for some time.Your servant,David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer
    Hare Krishna dear Devotee! Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

as i remember Sandipani Muni is Krishna's Spiritual Master yes?! And He knew that Krishna was Supreme Personality of Godhead. He gave Him as a present Chakra and gave also blessing when They with Lord Balaram finished Their education.

And in Gouranga Lila that same Sandipani Muni was Madhavendra Puri. He also knew but as a servant of Lord Chaitanya accepted to perform His pastimes in the Earth.

As like all other great Devotees knew who was Lord Chaitanya. But maybe in between Yoga Maya used to cover their knowledge just to increase loving exchanges among Lord and His Devotees.

Your servant,
    • Hare Krishna Mataji!

In Krishna Lila, Lord Balaram has the same Spiritual master as Lord Krishna?!

It makes sense now that I think of it, but why did Lord Nityananda not take diksa from Isvara Puripad?

• Hare Krsna!!

Wow David, nice question. I dont have the answer. But I am not sure how you could have offended anyone by this question.

Hare Krsna
This reply was deleted.