Question about Arjuna from BG

Please accept my humble obeisances.All glories to Srila Prabhupada.I know Arjuna as Lord Krishna's intimate friend & devotee.I find it wonderful how The Supreme Lord has close relations with all of His devotees.But, Arjuna's conference with Sri Krsna was DIFFERENT!I would love to know, why did Sri Krishna choose to speak BG to Arjuna instead of any other much qualified devotee?Please forgive me if I have committed any offense in asking this question.Hare KrishnaYS,David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna David prabhu
    Srila Prabhupada ki jai....
    You only said that Arjuna was Krishna's eternal associate and devotee, and this is the answer to your question only. Since Arjuna was Krishna's devotee and not an ordinary man illusioned by Mayadevi can become a devotee,so we cannot consider Him an ordinary person.
    In srimad Bhagwatam Sage Narada says that Arjuna is definitely very great devotee ,that's why supreme Personality of Godhead chose to drive His chariot. So we can understand that not an ordinary person can possess such great fortune.
    Whenever krishna perform His pastimes ,His eternal devotees also associate Him. so in the context of Mahabharata war Krishna wanted to sing Srimad Bhagwad Geeta for the deliverance of Mankind,so Arjuna was the person only eligible to associate krishna in His this pastime. That's why confusion of Arjuna was not His 'problem' but all Krishna's wish.
    those who see Arjuna as an illusioned person or confused or coward are themselves illusioned by Mayadevi and are not pure devotees.We must,therefore, understand Geeta by devotees and Acharyas in Parampara or disciplic succession as proposed by both Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and his representative Srila Prabhupada . We must not listen Geeta lecture from anybody else like Mayawadis or impersonalists....
    Haribol
    Hari
    your servant
    Ashish
  • Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

Based on what I understood, only Arjuna had questions (conflict) in his mind.  Bheema knew what he wanted to do during the war. But Arjuna was debating whether to fight his own people or not and he seek Krishna for knowledge (chapter 2).

Servant,

Manohar

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna Prabhu. Lord Krsna tells Arjuna.

"Because you are My very dear friend, I am speaking to you My supreme instruction, the most confidential knowledge of all. Hear this from Me, for it is for your benefit." B.G. 18:64

This reply was deleted.