Prasadam and devotee contact problem

Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis.
Please accept my Humble obediences.
As this is my first time posting a question here, please forgive me if I donot know or miss out on any Vaishnava etiquettes.

I am encountering a problem for the past few months, regarding Prasadam and Devotee contact.

Prasadam-

My mother , Grandmother, Grandfather and brother love Krishna, but they are still under the views that Krishna is only the parabrahm. He is not someone to love/adore . They say he is just god sitting up in the sky and will not help us. Only by getting good job and lots of money we will help ourselves. Do Karm, no Dharm . "Karm is Dharm in this Yug" .and , " No one is so dharmic in this age". Moreover, my mother insults lots of Vaishnavas and then also insults my devotion . She says horrible things and makes the vaishnavs look like sex addicted bad people. When I tell her not to then she says " If I am doing anything wrong only God will say, he knows what I am doing and why I am doing it" . They make food , and as per my request they have started making some sattvic food, but the problem comes here... 
When cooking food my grandmother will always take a sample and taste. If for Krishna we have kept some fruits or soacked some seeds, my brother takes handfuls and eats them. When I get upset and tell them not to , they say that "It doesnt matter, god doesnt eat anyways" and then they shout at me , calling me "uncontrollable", a "dog" and many worse insults.

My mother says that by giving whatever I eat to Krishna, I am " Trying to become a god" or "Trying to make Krishna a human". and then she insults me more, and acts disgusted with me.
How can I eat without offering to Krishna? When I eat food like that it has lost most of its taste, and feels bad to eat. But then she says " No one cares that Krishna didnt get to eat so and so , we will give something else, only you care ... why ? Trying to become a god? or are you trying to mke god human?".  THis has become very upsetting for me, and I'm wondering if I can offer food to krishna from my plate with water and pray that he eats it, even tho my grandmother/brother tried it . They are saying that " my devotion is causing problems to that , and that it is actually becoming a sin and I am not getting any benefits" . I know this is not true, but still it hurts to hear this all the time.

Then they shout on Krishna, and then I get mad and protect Krishna, and then fights take place. I dont hit them, but usually they hurl insults for hours. Last day it went on for 8 hours.

Please give me a solution .

Devotee Contact-

My second Problem is Devotee Contact.

As you can understand from my families behaviour towards prasadam, they dont let me mix with any devotees . Moreover, in Kolkata I find very few devotees, and have no way to go to temples, not even just for Sunday. Sometimes I can't go for months as I have coachings and school, so my mom uses those against me and gets mad and screams abuses.

I was wondering if we have a devotee group or if some devotees , preferably my age (16-17) would exchange contact numbers with me so that I may, still in some way get some devotee contact.
If there are any other methods that you know of , please do tell me.

I have never been a bad student, I cleared my boards with 96% and am always among the first in my class, but my mom is unsatisfied. She wants me to leave chanting and so on and just study and get lots of money, what can I do ?

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada :D.

Thankyou for reading through this, Hare Krishna. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HareKrishna Prabhuji, Dandavat Pranam!

All Glories to Shrila Prabhupada!!

Prabhuji, it sounds like a very intense situation... You can present Verses from the Bhagavad Gita and Shrimad Bhagavatham regarding the Glories of Mahaprasadam and what the consequences are, if one eats without offering. You can do a little research, tell them to have a healthy discussion and allow them to gather up "logical statements", that prove their opinion is great. You'll see that Bhagavatham and Bhagavad Gita will win. You can tell them that you will follow what they say, provided they give suitable examples, from the Vedic Scriptures and request them to listen to yours. Tell a little about the Authority of the Scriptures first and how we are not in any position to make any comments about it.

And tell your mother about various incidents where people have chanted and got what they Need in Life and more... It is a Kalpa-Vriksha and will help you take proper desicions in life. By convincing her like this, you can, internally do Chanting for a Spiritual Cause, for the Pleasure of the Divine Couple RadhaShyamsundar and The Pure Devotees.

And Prayers have A LOT of Power Prabhuji... One needs to just have Faith, and you'll see, Krishna will definitely answer your prayers. Pray to Lord Narasimha to remove your obstacles and He Himself will be Very Happy to do it for you! Narasimha Dev Actually feels pleased with those who ask Him for Help and Shelter. Just consider the fact that after you pray, whatever incidents will take place, will lead to you, practicing Krishna Consciousness, without any constraints from anyone, at any time!

Just make the Holy Names of ShriKrishna, your Lifeline and your Only Support, so that whenever you remember, Chant with a mood of asking help from Krishna, to take you over the Ocean of Miseries.

HareKrishna!!!

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji , 

Thankyou for your suggestions, many are quite new to me !
      Now I'll find out how to develop faith and dependency on Krsna.
      Thankyou for Guiding me.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.
      Radhe Radhe :D

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krsna Prabhuji ,

Thankyou  for your advice

This reply was deleted.