ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Please help me to overcome my possessiveness over Krishna. If anyone says I too like Lord Krishna, I get some unsecured feeling like they'll take away my krishna from me or something that I can't explain in words. I know its not a right thing. But I couldn't help myself. Please guide me..

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hare Krishna,

Possessiveness and jealousy is a part of love.  Srimati Radha Rani ji and Srimati Satyabhama exhibited possessiveness many times over Krishna. Where as Rukmani's love is pure selfless. Rukmani ji felt even if Krishna was not there with her she only felt happy that her husband is happy somewhere for her being with her alone was not important. For Rukamni mata most important was her husband's happiness. Wherever He was if He is happy she was fine with it. Her love is not possessive .. She was caring and sharing in love. That is why Lord loved her the most.

SB 10.30.35-36  As the gopīs wandered about, their minds completely bewildered, they pointed out various signs of Kṛṣṇa’s pastimes. The particular gopī whom Kṛṣṇa had led into a secluded forest when He had abandoned all the other young girls began to think Herself the best of women. “My beloved has rejected all the other gopīs,” She thought, “even though they are driven by Cupid himself. He has chosen to reciprocate with Me alone.”
SB 10.30.37  As the two lovers passed through one part of the Vṛndāvana forest, the special gopī began feeling proud of Herself. She told Lord Keśava, “I cannot walk any further. Please carry Me wherever You want to go.”
SB 10.30.38  Thus addressed, Lord Kṛṣṇa replied, “Just climb on My shoulder.” But as soon as He said this, He disappeared. His beloved consort then immediately felt great remorse.
--See, when the thought came into the mind of Srimati Radha Rani that she is special one and Krishna favors her most, then rest of all. Lord disappeared.
--He can expand Himself to many forms to satisfy all the gopis' in the Ras leela. So why should there be any possessiveness at all? He is for everyone. 
You how Satyabhama got a lesson learned when she become possessive about Krishna and tried to show off that her husband loves her most then other queens. You must be knowing the Tulabaram story??
 In love there is only selfless giving no possessiveness. But as devotees it is natural to have certain transcendental jealousy.
But one should not harm others overcome by jealousy. Intentionally thinking or doing harm others for the sake of your possesiveness Lord doesn't like it at all. 
But it is very natural to have jealousy in love.
''Transcendental jealousy is not wrong but it is absolute. In the transcendental world there are jealous parties also like the party of Radharani and the party of Satyabhama. Radharani and Satyabhama are always jealous of one another but the center is Krishna''.--Srila Prabhupada.
Hare Krishna

Hare krishna!! Thank u for your clear explanation mataji. You made me feel relieved. Radhe radhe..

Hare krsna pithaji!! I had just fallen in love with him pithaji... Radhey radhey

Hare Krsna mataji,

PAMHO.

The thing to realise is unlike material relationships, where there is place for only one, in spiritual relationships, there is place for unlimited souls to take up one post.

For example, Krsna married 16,108 girls and danced in raas lila with crores of gopis. This is not humanly possible for any person.

Whenever you get these feelings of possessiveness, you need to check your mind and realise it is playing tricks on you. Nobody can take Krsna from you, He is with us eternally. We only don't realise it. Now we are beginning to realise His presence in our lives. So in these situations, ignore the mind and every time the mind tells you these insecure things, tell the mind to shut up.

With practice it will come mataji. Love is liberating, it is not binding. Love of God is the most liberating thing in all the universes. Let us not think our petty possessiveness is love for Godhead. It is our material contamination that we have work on and overcome.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

Just to add - are you jealous when you see your friend greet your mother with respect and affection? No na. Everyone has their own relationship with us, same way we all have unique relationship with God. It can be any of the 5 rasas, but still it is unique from one individual to His Krsna. Learn to respect other people's feelings.

Same persons is loved as father, husband, son, boss, neighbor, uncle, grandson.....what not. So its possible to have multiple relationships with one person, then what to speak of God?

Think about these things next time you feel possessive.

Hare krsna mataji!! Thank you for your reply.. I will try mataji.. Radhey radhey

Hare Krishna Pamho Agtsp

Just trying to discuss little bit about Lord Krishna though unqualified. 

In this paragraph below from Krishna book by Srila Prabhupad 

Reaching the gate of Dvārakā, the brāhmaṇa informed the doorkeeper of his arrival, and the doorkeeper led him to the place where Kṛṣṇa was sitting on a golden throne. Since the brāhmaṇa had the opportunity to be Rukmiṇī’s messenger, he was fortunate enough to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead Kṛṣṇa, the original cause of all causes. A brāhmaṇa is the spiritual teacher of all the social divisions. Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, in order to teach everyone the Vedic etiquette of how to respect a brāhmaṇa, immediately got up and offered him His throne. When the brāhmaṇa was seated on the golden throne, Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa began to worship him exactly as the demigods worship Kṛṣṇa. In this way, He taught everyone that worshiping His devotee is more valuable than worshiping Him.

We can just follow the Lord's teachings. Krishna becomes more pleased with us when we worship His devotee. 

Another instance :

At that time, Lord Kṛṣṇa was sitting on the bedstead of Queen Rukmiṇī. Even from a considerable distance He could see the brāhmaṇa coming to His home, and He could recognize him as His friend. Lord Kṛṣṇa immediately left His seat and came forward to receive His brāhmaṇa friend and, upon reaching him, embraced the brāhmaṇa with His two arms. Lord Kṛṣṇa is the reservoir of all transcendental pleasure, yet He Himself felt great pleasure upon embracing the poor brāhmaṇabecause He was meeting His very dear friend. Lord Kṛṣṇa had him seated on His own bedstead and personally brought all kinds of fruits and drinks to offer him, as is proper in receiving a worshipable guest. Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa is the supreme pure, but because He was playing the role of an ordinary human being, He immediately washed the brāhmaṇa’s feet and, for His own purification, sprinkled the water onto His head. After this the Lord smeared the body of the brāhmaṇa with different kinds of scented pulp, such as sandalwood, aguru and saffron. He immediately burned several kinds of scented incense and, as is usual, offered him ārati with burning lamps. After thus offering him an adequate welcome and after the brāhmaṇa had taken food and drink, Lord Kṛṣṇa said, “My dear friend, it is a great fortune that you have come here.”

Krishna is present as Supersoul in every living entity not only a brahmana. So when we discuss about Him , His activities  and listen to what they say about Krishna, Krishna who is present as Supersoul within them becomes very pleased. Our love towards Krishna and vice versa increases many millions of times more...

Agtsp

Hare krsna mataji!! Thank you for your explanation mataji.. radhey radhey

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service