Forum

Please translate siloka from unknown source in Veda

Dandavats to all vaisnavas,

I'd like to know the  meaning of Siloka regarding to "Satyam param", the Absolute Truth".

I think this siloka which is from unknow source is real siloka from Veda.

I have a translation by Karmi, but I need the bona-fide translation by vaishnava.

Bodhi rupam bodhi-sattvam, bodhi-gamyam anamayam
Param-satyam param-shantam, param-brahma parat-param

Jagad gure Srila Prabhupada ki jay \(^_^)/

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Dean prabhu,

Thank you for your translation.

I really appreciate.

Do you know the source of this siloka?

Yes, I have to study books written by Srila Prabhupada more seriously and render devotinal service  to please guru and Gouranga. You are quite correct.

The Absolute Truth, Param Satyam, is one. But there are 3 aspects for realizing of Param Satyam as Brahmajyoti, Paramatoma and Bhagavan.
            The understanding or realizing of the Impersonal aspect of the Absolute Truth is not perfect. And above the realizing Brahmajyoti is Paramatoma realization, which is not perfect,either.
            The understanding or realizing of the Absolute Truth, the Para Brahman, Bhagavan svayam is perfect.

vadanti tat tattva-vidas tattvaṁ yaj jñānam advayam
            brahmeti paramātmeti bhagavān iti śabdyate. (Bhāg. 1.2.11)

By chanting the holy name of the Absolute Truth, Sri Krishna, we can directly connect with Him and will be purified from envy to Sri Krishna.
            And by studying Srimad Bhagavatam scrutinizingly, then we will gradually and actually understand Para Brahman, the Absolute Truth.

By the mercy from guru and Gouranga through rendering devotinal service, Krsna will reveal Himself gradually.
            Brahmajyoti and Pramatoma depend on the supreme cause, Sri Krsna.
            From Him everything including Brahmajyoti and Pramatoma come out.
            Therefore by understanding and focusing the Absolute Truth, Sri Krsna, we will gradually and naturally understand aspect of Brahmajyoti and Pramatoma, too.

• Brahman, Paramatma and Bhagavan are unborn and will never die, nor do they grow or decay, therefore they do not have a cause, being themselves cause of all causes.

As there is no qualitative difference between ice, liquid and gas form of water, there is no difference between the aspects of Absolute Truth. 

Gradually or non gradually, one usually do not achieve transcendental knowledge, unless having the  association and mercy of those who truly have seen the Truth. 

This reply was deleted.