My husband SHOULD be only mine!

Hare Krsna to all devotees,

Please accept my humble obeisance,

All Glories to Srila Prabhupad,

I am getting married in few weeks. I am very tensed and nervous. I am just a beginner in KC and my would be husband is not a devotee.He is based in Singapore and I will be shifting with him after marriage. the place Singapore is more materialistic than India, there is more Maya there, how do I am preserve my chastity among men,truthfulness and purity there is a thing that is worrying me.I wish to stay true to him throughout my life.

Even, I am worried about my Sadhana there, will he permit or not?

My constant fear, he should love only me and not go behind other other women or associate after marriage.

Also, I have read in scriptures that common man can have two wives, though legally not permitted, I feel that taking scriptures as source, he might do such act. This is what I am fearing because I want his total love and the same I should do to him. I feel that any slight fight he will leave me and go behind other women.

Such thoughts are coming to my mind.

My only wish is to progress further in K.C, make my husband a devotee and also my future child.

Please help me come out of this fear and do my duties religiously as per scriptures.

Haribol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna

Jai Nitai Gaurahari!

Hari Bol

Jai Srila Prabhupada, Acharyas, Vaishnavas and Supreme Lord along with his potencies

Mata ji!

There are two types of Mahajanas. Previous and recent. Previous means before advent of Sri Chaitanya mahaprabhu or Madhvendra Puri(we can take). Recent means after 1486 AD.

Bhaktivinoda Thakura, Srila Prabhupada, have taken only one wife. Polygamy is harmful for a devotee either in male or female body in kaliyuga because husband will indulge in unresticted enjoyment of senses and may forget path of devotional  service and wife has to share sins.

We have to follow Gaudiya Vaishanava Acharyas after 1200AD for they appeared in same yuga and conditions.

Yes, We can keep Sri Sri Sita Ramacandra as ideal couple.

Lord and his energy is transcendental and beyond influence of space and time. But it is recommended to worship Gauranga Mahaprabhu as he is King and incarnation of Kaliyuga. But yes you can follow Sri Sita Rama but not imitation.

Sita Mata is ideal wife and Lord Rama an ideal husband. We can't expect such high chastity and faithfulness in this age. But we can follow in their footsteps.

JAI RADHE SHYAM

SITA RAM

LAXMI NARAYANA

RUKMINI DVARKADHISH

NITAI GAURACHANDRA

• Hare krishna Mataaji,

Even im agreeing with Harshikesh Prabhu,you should have spoken to him About your Regulative principles u follow,your sadhana,your likes whether its ok with him with regards to spirituality.Even now time is there you can get the things cleared with ur fiance or with either of your parents whom you trust the most.

Girls should correctly check the background of boys even though he is a NRI and then marry.N the Most important thing IF u trust Krishna Pray to him sincerely like a baby crying for milk when its hungry he will surely hear ur Prayers.And reading your Mentality i can make out You are very clean so trust Him hes there for nondevotees also then How come not for Krishna devotees like you 

This reply was deleted.