Hare Krishna to all Prabhujis and Matajis!

My question is that while chanting the Maha-mantra, the physical changes which a devotee experiences like heavy breathing, sweating, little raised blood pressure, a slight fainting like feeling, etc are these symptoms of ecstasy ? or is something wrong with the technique of japa?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Mathaji!!

Thank you very much for your guidance.
          i feel very much positive to implement this and to improve my chanting

Haribol

• Hare Krishna Mathaji! 

dandavat pranam! 

yes mathaji, that is correct. a sincere and attentive approach is pre requisite for effective chanting.

it so happens that due to a conditioned soul's association with the material energy during the day at his/her workplace, the mind tends to be like a monkey, running here and there. So first thing i feel before chanting, is to calm the mind by pranayama, so that the breathing and all the senses come under control. then when one feels completely calm, he/she can start chanting and this chanting will be very effective.

correct me mathaji, if this approach is not appropriate.

thank you very much for your guidance!

Haribol!!!! 

• E-Counselor

Haribol Prabhu,

Doing pranayam before starting to cahnt is a very good idea. That regulates the breadth and helps control the mind. I have seen that when a person sits down for havan, he is made to do basic pranayam by the priest. So its ok. But dont make it ritualistic - as in, unless you do pranayam, you will not sit and chant. As per time, place, circumstance, one has to chant. Chanting is important, the rest is secondary.

Hare Krsna.

This reply was deleted.