Tolerance is essential to survive in this material world and being krishna conscious, but sometimes i loose my temper. Any recommendations as how to build my tolerance levels.

Eg. My friends came over this weekend and they learnt that i had stopped eating onion and garlic. They were constantly cracking jokes at me and i got a little bit annoyed. I chant to keep my senses under control but sometimes i loose my temper.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and should be ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.-Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Ka Prabbu,prabhu!!! I would like to thank you for revealing the truth about Gandhiji.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!!! This is frequent question asked by devotees who have taken to Krishna consciousness. Obstacles are inevitable while we tread along the razor's edge,i.e. the spiritual path. These are just like pit holes. If we are made blind by our temper, we have a chance to fall into these pit hole, the pit hole of ill-temper being one of them. What we have to do is to be vigilant and avoid these gaping traps ready to devour us. My friends also used to  pull my leg and frequently mock at me when I took to Krishna Consciousness. I didn't lose my temper but took pity on them for they are still groping in darkness and far from experiencing the bliss of Krishna Consciousness. A vaishnava is not supposed to lose his temper. He is the very embodiment of pity. Instead of losing your temper, pray to Krishna that He may shower His mercy on your friends and give them the right knowledge so that they can understand and appreciate what you are doing. It is natural for materialistic persons who are under the spell of illusory energy, not to understand why  onion and garlic are to be avoided, why sattvic food is to be taken. It's not their fault. They are ignorant. I'm sure if you remain pacific and truly become devoted to Krishna, they will absorb some of the virtues of Krishna consciousness after coming in touch with you. That is the power of devotion and Krishna consciousness. Krishna consciousness is so contagious,you see.You seem to be a person of great determination. Stick to your goal and Krishna will place everything to your advantage.

• Volunteer

Q. WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF FORBEARANCE ?‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances dear Devotees,

i also agree with Prabbu Prabhu, anger and other things we can use in the service also.

Also just wanted to add such like difficulties will be there just to make us stronger. As like a bird cultivates her wings strong trying to brake the egg in such a way Krishna makes us strong by giving to us difficulties. 

Sometimes people laugh at us, sometimes say offensive words but we have to pray to Krishna and be determinate in our path towards Him. 

"Let them laugh! Let them think anything they want, but i will serve to Krishna!"

When time comes, if they get fortune, they will also understand that they were incorrect.

As it says "dog hawks but the caravan goes by".

Your servant, 

• HK, yes, there is constant beating for devotees who want to progress from those who don't.

This means you have come forward to take up to KC seriously. Because of our birth and previous karma it is not that we can control our temper as soon as we take up to KC and chant.

KC when taken up in a systematic fashion by reading small books of Prabhupad starting from SSR, matchless gift, BG As It Is, one can definitely control the temper, it is difficult but it is not impossible.

Just chant one round but do quality chanting. Chanting 16 rounds without any quality is useless, instead one round with full quality is 100% perfect.

A normal one round chanting should take you anywhere between 7 to 7.5 minutes.

Anger and temper should manifest when required, it is not vanished in anyone for that matter. If people think that taking up to KC, one can control anger, it is not true. Think of Hanumanji and Arjuna, they had utilized their temper in the service of their lordships.

Bhagavad Gita is not about non-violence, Gandhiji misunderstood the teaching of Bhagavad Gita and misused the teachings of Gita to bring so called independence to our country. We are all suffering for that great mistake of Gandhi.

Reading will help understand everything about KC. Prabhupad has given it all for free.

Join us on Bhagavad Gita As It Is FREE ONLINE COURSE via FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/bgiskcon

This reply was deleted.