Past wrongs

Hare KrishnaMy Humble pranam !I would like to know in past i was non-vegetarian. I have quit eating i wear Kanthi mala and do japa on tulasi beads. I buy meat for my kids cook serve what should i do. Also i cook prasadam in the same kitchen what to do as onion garlic and meat is must at home.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krishna Mataji .

The best way is you do your chanting and offer veg  food  to Lord krishna and give the family member as  Krishna prasadam whenever possible .

Prasadam slowly change their heart and they will become devotee after few years .This is my experience. I am devotee but wife was  nonveg eater .But eating prasadam and hearing mantra in home she left eating non veg  and become devotee. Now she got  initiated also. it took 7 yrs . Krishna will take care . 

• Volunteer

Hare krsna mataji,

Esteemed devotees have already answered your query. I just want to input my 2cents.

No matter what situation and circumstances you go through, always remember Krsna and plead with Him to help you in becoming His devotee. I would also say enjoy your spiritual journey doing your duties happily without any regrets. Krsna knows your situation and also knows what will happen in the future too. Have faith in Him.

Seeing you smiling and relishing your KC, others will also get inspired and maybe one day they might give up meat and other foods and join you.

Hope that helps.

All glories to Srila Prabhupad!!!

Hare krsna.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

You must make one items everyday, offer to the lord and then give your family to eat. This is the best way to convert them to Krsna Consciousness. If possible, try to keep that utensil separate - as in a fresh utensil you buy and use it only for making for offering.

In fact, I will go to the extent of saying that since you are vegetarian, take one step more and become Krsnaterian. Eat only what is offered to the lord. Since you cooking yourself, it is easier. Ensure whatever you eat is offered to the lord, sincerely pray ing to him to make your environment conducive for you to follow the standards and help you advance in KC. I am sure your sincere prayers will bear fruit.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna. Thank you very much Prabhu ji.
This reply was deleted.