Participation of Krishna's Sons in the War

HareKrishna! Please Accept my humble obeisances...

All Glories to Shrila Prabhupada!

i have a question... Did Krishna's Sons like Pradyumna, Samba, and Grandsons like Anniridha, take part in the Mahabharat War? Arjuna, Krishna and Pradyumna were the only ones who clearly knew how to penetrate into the Chakravyuha and come out of it unscathed.

HareKrishna!!!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

According to the Vedic literatures, Krishna's sons like Pradyumna, Samba, and grandsons like Aniruddha did not directly participate in the Mahabharata war. They were not mentioned as active participants in the battlefield. The primary focus of the epic Mahabharata is on the conflict between the Kauravas and the Pandavas, with Arjuna and Krishna playing significant roles.

However, it is important to note that the Mahabharata is a vast epic with numerous characters and subplots. While some characters are prominently featured, others may have played lesser-known roles or had their stories told in separate narratives.

In the case of Krishna's sons and grandsons, their contributions and activities are described in other scriptures such as the Srimad Bhagavatam. For example, Pradyumna, the son of Krishna, played a significant role in the battle against the demon Sambara and later became a prominent leader in the Yadava dynasty.

This reply was deleted.