Parents are crossing the limits.

HARI BOL
JAI ACHARYAS, VAISHNAVAS, BHAKTI MATA, LORD AND ENERGIES
Pranams!
Hare Krishna Prabhu jis and Mata jis!
Please help me.
Jai Acharyas Hari Bol what should I do? My material family don't want me to at all become devotee. They go on blaspheming and criticising Bhakti Devi and Vaisnavas. My whole family thinks that religion means getting money, power, etc from demigods. They are polytheists. Liberation and Bhakti are done by pretenders according to them. They never want any member to become devotee or even jnani.
They think family and karma to be greater than Suddha Bhakti, Bhagavan. Parents are greater than God as they say but it is not true for parents who can't deliver children from birth and death. They instead want to entagle me in good karma. Even it is not good karma. They just want to perform duties, get material profits and blessings. They are not austere, truthful, merciful, etc. They are rude, angry, selfish, greedy, illusionised, etc. Please suggest me what to do. I have no means of livelihood by myself. I usually shut my ears when they criticise Bhakti devi. They also equate demigods with Lord Hari. PLEASE SAVE ME FROM VAISNAVA APARADHA.
How should I behave with them? Life in this Body is Seventeen years and more.
They give argument that God is everywhere. You should not be irritated. They want to blaspheme and at the same time expect respect. I am bewildered. They also say that hell, heaven, religion are mind's creation. It differs. How much mayavdi they are? They are full of smartavada.
Also, How is Lord everywhere? How he is not everywhere according to Gaudiya Vaishnavism?
Please help me.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

seeing Krishna in their heart please try to be respectful to Your parents Shubham Prabhuji.

You are doing nice if You are associating with Devotees. Please dedicate at least one day in a week - Sunday to Krishna by attending Sunday program!

Only when we associate with Devotees we will be able to chant nicely. 

In beginning days i also used to even fight with my Mom and because that Jiva aparadha would get sick for over 20 days. So when we offend others also we get reactions. So better to be respectful to everyone. 

Nowadays i do not do as i used to do in beginning years. For example, when i am at home i keep separate hours for reading SP's books and chanting and also keep some time for talking to my family members. So in this way especially parents do not want to loose their children.

And when we become too much fanatic and plus start to disrespect parents they will think that they are loosing us as their child so in order to keep us with them they try to ruin our KC thinking that Krishna is the cause for this. 

But when our qualities are good we represent Krishna very good.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna, Shubham Prabhu,

Dwaipayan Prabhu has given some good suggestions. Really,it is very hard to make a stubborn one Krishna conscious,only great acharyas can do that with unputdownable logics. These stubborn ones want to see miracles and think that God is always ready to come in front of them to prove that he really exits.They don't want a God who is not always ready to solve their meterial problems.

So,you should practice Bhakti Yoga secretly.

Another point is here.If your family think that you are ignoring your studies for Bhakti Yoga,then try to change their impression.You are 17 now,you have to prove that Bhakti Yoga doesn't hamper your study at all.

At last, always be positive and depend on Shri Krishna's mercy. He is surely conscious about your problems and always ready to help you.

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,

you should remember that a devotee should be equipoised in both honour and dishonour,fame and infame. Read BG chapter 12, text 19.

I think your family members wouldn't criticise Bhakti Devi and other devotees,if you don't praise them in front of them.If they do,you can leave the place and say a prayer from Chaitanya Bhagavata-

" E sava jivere Krishna karaha prasad.

Mora drohe nahu e sabar aparadh."

He thought, “O Lord Kåñëa, please be merciful to these souls. Let not their hatred of me be counted as an offense.”(CB Adi 16.133)

Shri Haridasa Thakura chanted this prayer,when he was being beaten in 22 markets for chanting Krishna's names.

It is also stated in the same chapter-

108. By Lord Kåñëa’s mercy not a single one of those blows gave birth to even the slightest pain in Haridäsa’s body.
    109. Prahläda did not feel the slightest pain when the demons beat him. This all the scriptures say.
    110. In the same way, Haridäsa Öhäkura did not feel the slightest pain when the Muslims beat him.
    111. By remembering Haridäsa Öhäkura, one cuts his sufferings into pieces. That is the story of Haridäsa Öhäkura.

Pray to Krishna for help.

Shri Namacharya Haridas Thakur ki jay!

Shri Vaishnavavrinda ki jay! 

Shri Radha Madhava ki jay!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Shubham Prabhu, please tell us what are You doing these days? Studying, or at home?

And did You read Bhagavad Gita As It IS and Srimad Bhagavatam or do have plans to read them?

Are You able to cook pure veg bhoga and offer that to Krishna?

How many sibling you have?

How did You come in contact with KC?

How many rounds You do these days?

How many times You attend Temple programs?

Do You have association with Devotees and how often?

Please, when You answer to all these questions we could try to find out some solutions by the mercy of the Lord.

Thank You!

Your servant, bhaktin maral

• Hare krishna shubham,

Its great to see your enthusiasm in Krishna Consiousness ,keep it up use it progressively in KC , If your family members are so materiallly engrossed find a way to easily without much hard labour and time make some money and spend the rest of the time in advancing your bhakti .  you are in the initial stage and have lots of enthusiasm use in a ever speediliy way to accelerate your bhakti ,please start by chanting 4 rounds it hardly takes about 30 mins ,learn a talent whatever that is ,If it requires education do it but we have to make money only to the extend of maintaining our basic needs ,one need not have to work like an ass like 10- 12 hrs all day for a morcel of bread .

Every step you take forward towards krishna ,krishna takes 10 steps towards you start by chanting 4 rounds its not hard chanting 1 round may feel  like hard , but the more round you chant the easier it gets, go on chanting and increase the rounds periodically with enthusiasm , You should be hearing Bhagavatam and the best way to hear at home is to buy the Srimad Bhagavatam narration Cd available at Iskcon temple   and listen to it on mp3player and do not  hear it when you are going to bed i.e sleeping . Do try to follow the 4 regulative principles , if you do break them at times  pray to krishna for help following and  dont worry start off fresh ,also taking krishna prasad like from temple helps in following the regulative princeples.

At your Service

Dandavat Pranams

Bhanu kiran

This reply was deleted.