Hare Krishna

Please accept my humble obesciences

All Glories to srila Prabhupad

My spiritual master instruction is to do street chanting to all disciple ,

I am very afraid and feel shy to do, and I am alone too ,But I know this is the best method to get mercy from Sri Naam Prabhu and Lord

Kindly suggest how to overcome it!!

Ys

Nityananda Mahajan Dasa

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Join in and just be authentic it is the congregational experience that is the most"up lifting, but if you don't feel like jumping & shouting loudly don't just smile and participate mildly & if & when you do then do that "congregational chanting" is a if not (thee) most enjoyable & rewarding type of chanting, I would think!
    Who dosen't want to experience a true party in their heart? ) enjoy!
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I saw your profile, you are in Pune. How can you be alone in Pune - there is such a good congregation there. Pls visit your local ISKCON temple, find out which preaching program is happening closest to your house and get attached to it. The same instruction would be given to them also I am sure. Go with them first and then you can gradually request them to do nagar sankirtan in your locality also. 

I think the instruction is to simply do nagar sankirtan, where, is not important. So if you are doing in a group, it should not be an issue. Its not possible to do sankirtan alone. Else you have to take your bead bag and chant on the road. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna!

Is there an iskcon temple nearby, where you can catch up with the local harinam? you can go with friends!

Maybe start a simple communication about krishna kata with someone first and build up on that to be more and more of whats called an outgoing personality. Speak to a lot of people - numbers matter. You can start by saying hello.

In general extend your comfort zone slowly by copying behaviour of people with a lot of self esteem. you can observe them. how do they speak, what does their body language tell? Apply what seems usefull to your apporach. Just copy. You can train this. As long as we stay polite we can talk about everything anywhere.
    Take a deep breath and then let go and just talk what is on your heart. I'm sure people like to know who you are and what you like doing.

In my humble opinion
    your friend and ever well wisher Felix

This reply was deleted.