Onion and Garlic

Hare Krishna!

Dear Vaishnavas,

When foods are served in relative's homes and restaurants (off course non-vaishnava),they often mix onion and garlic in Veg menus,due to there ignorance.And,when we are traveling, we have to eat in restaurants.We have no  other option.

Please tell me what's the rule of prayaschitta(penance) for this offence, due to Shrila Prabhupada and other Vaishnava acharayas.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna!

Thank you Prabhujis and Matajis for your kind reply.

• Volunteer

Tell relatives that you do not eat onion and garlic, you may choose to have bare dhal and roti.

• Volunteer

Walk with your own cooked food from home in a container.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Utsav Prabhuji, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

We also used to visit non Devotees' houses and preach to them few years back. And as a cultural item they had desire to offer some juice or some food to eat, drink. 

We used to tell that we do not drink tea, coffee no onion no garlic what to speak of non veg...

so they used to respect our priorities in life and prepare food without onion, garlic...etc. and we used to offer that to Krishna. 

So in this way no need to risk our spiritual life for the sake of being respectful to other karmi people. Respectful will be to explain sincerely the truth. 

Do You think there is anything without onion and garlic in those restaurants? Like many South Indian foods like idli, dosa ...do not contain onion and garlic....

Your servantm 

• Hare Krishna!

Thank you mataji for your kind reply.Will you please tell me some more dishes available in the restaurants without onion and garlic?

This reply was deleted.