Old Deity and New Deity

Hare Krishna ,

What should we do if our diety Tarnish , or it breaks !!

Because the person who believe Krsna Diety is Material is a fool !!

I have very small ladoo gopal , for all my life i should keep him ,

that is the affection , but what if i have one more , as in my home i have many images of Krsna ,

But it hurts me when calender goes old or it is destroyed ,i have to throw it ,

There are many calenders through which many memories and affections are attached !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

for example, i have also one calendar picture with Krishna and Lord Gouranga holding flutes. They are sooooo cute! it was presented to me by one senior Mataji in 2006. in order to save it nicely i covered it with plastic gum. 

Your servant, 

• hare krsna ashwini kumar,

i would want clarification to what u said :" Because the person who believe Krsna Diety is Material is a fool !! "

anyways, i would suggest that u must first know that the pictures u have or the other calender images etc. are non different from the original ladoo gopal u have and u wish to keep for a lifetime..

so i would suggest to have mature sentimentalist faith and engage all ur feelings for the one worshippable diety u have.

as far as the images or calenders are concerned they have served itz purpose by making u remember of krsna. u can now just trae the pictures in to 20 - 50 piecies and throw them .. 

se that the whole images does not go in the dustbin directly.. 

• Volunteer

if pictures are really got old then better to fire them, isn't it Yash Shah Prabhuji?! Otherwise it seems not respectable. For example, i try not to throw even boxes from Chandan with the picture of Krishna, but fire.

This reply was deleted.