Non veg

Hare Krishna,

If a Muslim or christian or even low caste Hindu eats non veg will he get the same sin as a Hindu brahmin eating or Brahmin will get more sin if he eats and others get comparitively lesser sin?

 your servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

  • Hare Krishna Rohit Prabhu.

    I have a question and there is an answer for it and I am in pursuit. Thats all I know. I am sorry if I am contradicting any views of Srila Prabhupada.

    But I dont want to be in a situation where, you believe something all your life and in the end find out that it was a complete misunderstanding.

    Regards,

    Subash

  • E-Counselor

    Hare Krsna Subhash Prabhu,

    Just to add to Rohit prabhu's reply - I knew you would ask this question - why do we offer food made from rice, grains etc, to the Lord? These are also not mentioned in the verse.. The answer is - grains are the fruit of that plant that produces them. It is still a plant produce only. Therefore, we can prepare, offer and have grains.

    As against meat, which is not a plant produce. Prabhupada has explained at lenght that the human body has been structured biologically to be vegeterian - the way our intestines are so long and unwinding, the way humans do not have the physical strength to kill like ferocious carnivores like lion or tiger, humans need instruments and deceit to kill, not bare hands and brute strength.

    Meat is not food for humans. Then the natural question that arises is - why milk and milk products? The answer is because the lord has permitted them and himself fed is Gopa and gopi friends with his hands. Therefore egg is not permitted. Milk and milk products have been proved to be nourishing scientifically also.

    Krsna told us to worship cows, that has been scientifically proven that cow milk and even cow urine has so many health benefits. There are updated versions of science, not of the puranas and mahabharata, for this reason only.

    Haribol,

    Your servant.

    • Hare Krishna Rashmi Mataji..

      If we can go by the logic and not by the exact verse,(as in case of grains and milk products which you explained), then it is clear that, Lord accepts not just those 4 things He mentioned in the verse, but also other things which are offered with devotion. So, again I fail to understand what is wrong in offering meat to the Lord? Do you think Krishna would not accept it? If this is the case, then its like showing hate to the devotee, which is not Godly. All I am saying is, if you offer with devotion and love, the Lord accepts it. Please try to understand the hidden meaning. And by the way, Milk has some amount of blood and pus mixed in it.

      Regards,

      Subash

      • E-Counselor

        Hare Krsna Subhash Prabhu,

        You are saying you will offer with love and devotion something that Krsna does not like!!! How do you expect Krsna to accept something He does not want from us in the first place!! How is it showing hate to the devotee? On the other hand, devotee is showing disregard to the word of the lord by offering something which is not permitted. Is that love and devotion - complete dis regard for the word of God?

        All I am saying is, if you offer with devotion and love, the Lord accepts it. Please try to understand the hidden meaning. Can you offer with love and devotion something that the lord doesnt want? Love and devotion are important - thats why the lord had the skin of banana instead of banana in Vidura's house. When the lord rejected Duryodhana's feast, He went to Vidura's house for His meal. There, Vidura was not present. His wife, Vidurani, was so enamoured by the lord's form and the fact that the lord had come to eat in her house, she was peeling the banana and giving him the skin. Another example is Sabari - in Ramavatar, she was tasting the fruit and giving the lord. The lord accepted because of love and devotion in both cases.

        If you notice, the same love and devotion could have been displayed by replacing non veg item instead of banana peel and ber. This was not done, because it is not permitted. You show me one guru, one saint in parampara, one devotee who has recommended that we can offer anything non-veg, with love and devotion is the only condition.

        When He is giving direct instruction, you are looking for hidden meaning? Y not follow the direct instruction as it is and see how you feel? If you make your stomach a graveyard of flesh and bones, how do you expect to get any peace at all - forget spiritual progress!

        Milk, to my knowledge - blood converts to milk in the body of mother, including cow. Pus in milk?? Dont know.

        haribol,

        Your servant.

        • Hare Krishna Mataji,

          "You are saying you will offer with love and devotion something that Krsna does not like!!!"

          Krishna doesn't like??? I am sorry, but I understood Lord is non-partial, equal to hate and love. If I am offering anything with Love, my faith is that the supreme Lord Accepts it. How come Krishna doesnt like something of His own creation? He would see my bhakti while offering it and not the material which I am offering Him. I am sorry but seems that the way I understand God is completely different from the way you have understood Him.

          Regards,

          Subash

          • E-Counselor

            Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

            I do not profess to understand God at all. I am attempting to become a devotee, thats all. Yes - Krsna does not like. Can He tolerate if one son takes the blood of another son and offers 'with love and devotion'?

            Krsna says he is unattached, doesnt hate anyone, including demons. He also says and shows in His leelas that He is partial to His devotee. To qualify to become His devotee, do you think you will do something which is against His doctrine and still qualify? The choice is yours - I can only say I cannot endorse it nor give any shastric evidence to endorse it.

            Haribol,

            Your servant.

  • BG 9.32

    O son of Pṛthā, those who take shelter in Me, though they be of lower birth – women, vaiśyas [merchants] and śūdras [workers] – can attain the supreme destination.

  • I agree that Ajamila went back to Godhead after performing austerities. Because He was brahmana and his way of life was to perform austerities. But what about the candalas and other lowborn people? It is their nature to eat meat. And they too do the puja to the Lord and He accepts them too. He is the Lord of all. Not just for a single guna people.

    • This reply was deleted.
      • Hare Krishna Gaurav Prabhu.

        I am confused here. How can we compare drugs with Food(meat)?

        I have seen many people pray the Lord eventhough they eat meat. Does that mean all their prayers are unanswered? Well, what about Christians and Muslims. They offer the animals as sacrifice and then have it as prasadam. So, how is that sinful?

        Even Lord Krishna says,

        BG 9.27, 9.28
        Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer or give away, and whatever austerities you perform — do that, O son of Kuntī, as an offering to Me.

        In this way you will be freed from bondage to work and its auspicious and inauspicious results. With your mind fixed on Me in this principle of renunciation, you will be liberated and come to Me.


         Krishna said, whatever you eat. He didnt say not to eat non-veg food.

        I am trying to learn the indepth essence of Gita. I know that eating non-veg food will not help in controlling the mind. Eating non-veg food makes you angry and all the animal propensities will occupy your mind. But nowhere it is mentioned that eating meat is sin. Please quote some verse in Gita where it is mentioned so that I can come out of the confusion.

  • Hare Krishna Prabhu..

    That is for the non-devotees who think they are the doers. Have you read Ajamila's story in Bhagavatam? How He is saved by Vishnu dutas from yamadutas.

This reply was deleted.