Non veg

Hare Krishna,

If a Muslim or christian or even low caste Hindu eats non veg will he get the same sin as a Hindu brahmin eating or Brahmin will get more sin if he eats and others get comparitively lesser sin?

your servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu..

I am sorry. But I did not get the proper answer. Will God accept the meat offered with devotion by candala  or not?

• Excuse me dean prabhu but chandala no longer remains a chandala after becoming a pure devotee and so their lives also do change accordingly.. 

• Hare Krishna..

One question. What happens when a candala offers dog meat to the Lord with utmost devotion?

Regards,

Subash

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna dear p

Please accept my humble obeisances

If he has really sincere devotion, he wont offer dog meat cuz Krsna has said offer ( patram , pushpam, falam, toyam).

ys

• Wow! what a statement; "There is no difference between intentional and non intentional killing"...

Culled directly from B.G as it is:

When an embodied living entity is hurt by fatal weapons, it is to be known that the living entity within the body is not killed. The spirit soul is so small that it is impossible to kill him by any material weapon, as is evident from the previous verses. Nor is the living entity killable, because of his spiritual constitution. What is killed,or is supposed to be killed, is the body only. This, however, does not at all encourage killing of the body. The Vedic injunction is ma himsyat sarva bhutani: never commit violence to anyone. Nor does understanding that the living entity is not killed encourage animal slaughter. Killing the body of anyone without authority is abominable and is punishable by the law of the state as well as by the law of the Lord. Arjuna, however, is being engaged in killing for the principle of religion, and not whimsically.

Also u r talking of forms of life that are advanced than human form like gandharvas etc. but our discussion was related to the lower forms.

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna dear dean pr

Garuda dev is an eagle species and hence his food is snake. So this comparison cannot be made.

ys

•  

There is a difference between unavoidable killing and intentional killing..

Also there is a reason that the shastras say that "human" form of life is very important,so definitely all forms of life are not on the same pedestal..

All low forms of life are moving towards this important form of life..

Obstructing the movement of any form of life towards the human form definitely entails repercussions.. 

• Dean prabhu an allegory for u..

A father has children named A,B,C,D,E..

"A" loves the father but at the same time has no compassion for the siblings and kills them while expecting father's love and mercy at the same time!

• Hare Krishna..

BG: 7.3

Krishna Says,

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

• Well prabhu are you game for paying dandavats to a Lion in jungle???

This reply was deleted.