nishkamakarma

HARE KRISHNA TO ALL DEVOTEES...

please accept my humble obeisances...

i strongly believe in surrendering our desires to Krishna...but my doubt is about the practical mode of doing it...in Bhagavad Geeta Lord says about nishkamakarma...that is without opting for the result we have to do our karma...for eg:if a student is studying its ultimate aim is to get a job to take care of his/her family..practically thinking..does it come under material desires?How can we blend KC in such practical situations in our life..Even we are in KC to get out of this material world and to be in the spiritual world...there also we are opting for the result....

please give a reply...

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Ramya Raghavan Prabhu/Mataji (sorry) 

Please accept my humble obeisances!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

i am also a student. And when i graduate i will also apply to a job or do my own job in order to maintain this body.

We have 3 bodies:

soul

subtle

gross

Food for our soul is the Holy Names and service to Krishna.

for subtle body also association of Devotees ect

and for maintaining gross body we have to earn money in order to buy gross things to eat, to protect by having place to sleep, rest, from cold, heat...

in this way there is no contradictions.

Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita that one can not become a yogi who sleeps too much or too less or eats too much or too less.

We have to find balance. We are in this body still and it is our instrument to serve to Krishna. And because of that we do our duty but always remembering Krishna.

With the thoughts:

"i keep this body of the body of my family only so that we are be able to serve to Krishna. i maintain this house so that we can serve here Deities, invite Devotees....i earn money in order to help to spread the glories of the Holy Names...."

Krishna says that my Devotee does not like to depend on others even materially. He does his duty and also externally engaged shows example to others, but within always chants the Holy Names.

Your servant, 

• HARE KRISHNA....

Thank You Mataji for the reply...but i asked the doubt not in the angle of materialistic desires,but in the angle of " expecting the results " from the desires even in our spiritual life..

Your servant..(mataji)

• Volunteer

even from spiritual life we should not accept something for ourselves.

Like sometimes we chant the Holy Names in order to get bliss. But in Bhagavad Gita Srila Prabhupada says that Govinda is not supposed to serve to us and give us pleasure. He is a Master we are servants. Servant can not demand but can beg.

When we chant we have to chant in order to make Krishna happy, Guru happy then only automatically happiness comes. The time when we are not happy it means we are living life for ourselves. The time when we serve to others happiness will run after us. We will be in bliss.

Your servant, 

• thank you for the information

your servant

This reply was deleted.