As i was reading the Gita, i came across this verse from Kausitaki Upanishad which was mentioned by Prabhupada Ji in his commentary under Gita's 5.15 verse.Kausitaki Upanishad verse 3.8 says "The Lord engages the living entity in pious activities so that he may be elevated ... The Lord engages the living entity in impious activities so that he may go to hell.Why would the Lord send us to Hell by engaging us in impious activities??I mean it's our evil karma that we perform in ignorance, by our free will, under the 3 modes of material nature, which takes us to hell right?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you all. Hare Krishna

• Transference is transindental &
    karma is false ego.
    As "Varah'ha" Nari'anah" said haven been confronted by Hi's Nimasist in an invensabal pure & angry devotee. Now that we have encountered one another,
    "Wher am I to Go"?
    Krishna is Lord of both the high & the Low, the heavens and the hells, & all that there is if of Him both subtal & The Gross, So where should we go? Hi's veary- most attractiveness is Hi's gennerosity & Hi's complementary or / complyable Tebdency's. I sometimes say Because He can & will' be anything, there is no wrong answers when one says "God is this or God is that" I think I learned that from ''ISKCON" Krishna is alike with the earth, the root of our form and the source of our strenth!? Both no-doubt are also certanly neglected ! ? However, what is in-incomparable about Krish is He is (at-once the most remounced & the most' oppulent how wonderful!?
  • Hello Dean Prabhu, you said we humans think ourselves as the cause of our actions, but in fact the ultimate cause is the Lord whose doing everything. Right?

So if a butcher in meat market thinks that it's not him whose doing the crime, but thinks its the Lord who does it , then he doesn't commit any sins and remains free from the effects of karma. Am i right?

or in other words, if he dedicates the fruits of his butchery actions unto the feet of the lord, then he doesn't commit any sins and remains free of any karmic bondage. Is that right? 

• Three gunas of material nature are doers of all material activities, but because of ignorance, conditioned souls think they to be doers.

The souls are just observers of material activities. 

• Thanks Parul.

Also i wonder, if Prakriti is actually the Supreme Lord's energy, who is none other than Purusha or Krishna, then why does the shaktas consider the Goddess (one who reigns over Prakriti) supreme?
  • '' He does not flourish by good actions nor decrease by bad actions. This one, indeed, prompts him to do good actions whom he wants to uplift from this world. This one also, indeed, prompts him to indulge in bad actions whom he want to bring down. He is the protector of the world. He is the ruler of the world. He is the lord of the world. He is, my Self only, thus one should know. He is my Self only, thus one should know. ''

Lord is the ultimately cause of all causes, but only because of ignorance people think to be cause of this or cause of that.  Therefore one spiritual life begins when one clearly understands who one is.

This reply was deleted.