Need clarification.

Hare Krishna

I'm 19 years old and lately have been interested in Krishna Consciousness. For the last three-four years, I have tried various groups/cults but have left all and now I'm in a position, thinking to myself whether I'm going on the right path now or not. I believe that all those things which I practiced earlier were due to me being too young and infatuations which I had after some time. So now I do not have the self-confidence for trying something new that none of my family members had ever done. What are your thoughts on this? Should I restrict myself for some years or just move with the flow?

Thank you

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

YOu are at the end of teenage. This is the age when everyone tries to find their own idenitity, complete with own tastes, likes dislikes, opinions, personality etc. In the process, you have experimented with other paths instead of say experimenting with smoking/ drinking or worse things. So you have tried other paths and they didnt work for you. Why the dejection? YOu expermimented to arrive at the truth. Now when you find out what works for you and what is absolute truth, the disappointment you faced on this journey will make you more resolute to follow the path you are convinced with. 

It is always very nice to stick to family or go back to your roots. THe thing is - being one with family does not stop you from being in the right, or finding your own feet and direction in life it is not complimentary.

It is entirely your choice - whether you want to continue your spiritual pursuits or you want to quit. If you want something more apart from money, name, fame, position, then you will eventually come on spiritual path and find your own place.

Best of luck.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD. 

• Thank you so much Mata Ji. 

Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.